Ask
    doctorh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2008, 05:36 AM
    What to do with child who want to break the rules and do the contrary
    What to do with child who want to break the rules and do the contrary
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2008, 01:34 PM
    Please be more specific as to age of child and what behavior they are doing.
    mum45 Posts: 62, Reputation: 28

May 11, 2009, 09:30 PM

This question just reminds me of a time when I was so frustrated with my 4 yr. old daughter. I was young, she was my 2nd. :p I had just HAD it with her!! I asked her "WHAT am I going to do with you, Niki"? Her response... "Just keep me and love me, momma"...

No matter what the age, with the 4 we have, 24, 22, 20, 15... this is the one thing I have learned. They start it young, (being contrary) usually because they need you to be consistent. You can not threaten.. "If you don't stop, I am going to (ground you, put you in time out, do this or do that}"... and not follow through... if this happens, you have created a problem! You HAVE to follow through every time. See, Children are the eternal optimists! The FIRST time they get away with something, they learn that eternal hope... the hoping it MAY happen they can get away with (whatever) again!! So ALWAYS be consistent in following through. If you didn't apply this when they were very young, then its NEVER too late to start, it just takes awhile to get it through their eternally hopeful heads that they can't get by with everything!

Also, each age comes with their own set of typical behaviors, too. Hopefully we can help you!!

And like Niki said... Keep them and love them!! :):)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Can anything in statecraft that is contrary to natural law, by definition be moral? [ 18 Answers ]

I don't believe so, but I am open to the idea of being wrong.

What are the Rules? [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter's father and I have not been together for almost 3 years and we are still arguing over my daughter and who should do what. I have her most of the time and he takes her Wed night, Sunday afternoon and every other Saturday(day and overnight). We are both in our early 20's. My questions...

The Rules [ 1 Answers ]

More Signs Technology Took Over Your Life - You know Bill Gates' e-mail address, but you have to look up your own social security number. - You stop saying "phone number" and replace it with "voice number," since we all know the majority of phone lines in any house are plugged into...

View more questions Search