Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joeannfoster Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2008, 08:59 AM
    3 yr old whirlpool dryer not drying
    We have a 3 yr old top load washer and 3yr old front load dryer with the door that comes down. For the past week--I have been using high heat and drying my load twice to get it dry. We have checked the lint compartment, had the element checked and the 2 silver-dollar looking parts that popped off the back. The electrical store told us both were good. We then checked the vent--all clear. I used to choose the Energy preferred cycle and use it on medium heat and it dryed fine. Any suggestions?

To add to that problem--I noticed that our washer is now leaking water out from under the front of the washer after it has washed a load. This is too "comical"----disheartening after spending ~800-1000 dollars on these when all we had had before was old standard machines that we had bought second hand and used 10 years.

Any help would be appreciated?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2008, 03:33 PM
    Sometimes the older models worked best. I agree that it is too comical, but both machines need attention and repaired. You don't need a leaking washer pumping water all over your floor. Your dryer should work properly as well.

I'm not a repair person but do my own repairs when I can. The dryer sounds like there is a problem with a thermostat not working properly and a part may need replaced. I haven't a clue about the washer's problem.
    bufcin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2008, 09:21 PM
    Hi There,

Try cleaning out your dryer vent, it is probably clogged with lint and is not allowing the hot air to exit. Watch this video on youtube.com

YouTube - Dryer Vent Cleaning (DryerVentCleaner.com)

I hope this helps.
    davidak Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Mar 5, 2008, 09:55 PM
    Here's what I would do. If you can feel the warm humid air blowing out outside at a good rate, and the heat element is working, and the tumbling is working, the lint is cleared then there's not much else to check.
    But how about the washer. Is the spin cycle working properly, and spinning them as before, or are they going into the dryer maybe somewhat wetter?
    And about the leak, don't forget to check out the plumbing drain and trap that the washer drains into. Sometimes they leak and it comes out in front of the washer, making it look like the washer is at fault. This happened to me recently.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool gold senseon dryer cuts off several times during drying [ 1 Answers ]

This dryer turns on, gets hot and cuts off by itself after several minutes or sometimes dries for longer or shorter times but needs to be turned on several times before the clothes finally get dry. Its not the lint filter. Does anyone know what is causing this? Thanks.

Dryer not Drying all the way [ 4 Answers ]

I have a GE dryer that doesn't seem to dry all the way. I've cracked it open and cleaned out all the dust buildup from the vents (there was quite a bit) and the blower moter and blades. Should be clean as a whistle now. The heating element was clean and shows no cracks and looks to heat up OK...

Whirlpool Elec Dryer - Clothes Not Drying [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool Electric Dryer, model # LEB6000PQ0. The dryer does not seem to dry the clothes much at all. I have removed the lint from all components (internal & external) as well as the vent from the back of the dryer to the outside. I notice when the dryer first starts, the heating...

Whirlpool dryer stops drying [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a Whirlpool Dryer - model #LER5636JQ0. I will start to dry, then stop. I open the door, let it cool down, start it again. It will run for a few minutes, then stop. I have to keep repeating the process several times to get it to stay on and even then sometimes it won't. Please...

Whirlpool electric dryer not fully drying [ 2 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool electric dryer model number gew9868kq0. When I have a little load it dries OK in auto mode. When I have a med to full load I have to start it up a few times to dry in auto sensing mode. Any help would be great... Mike

View more questions Search