Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dodge12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2008, 07:18 PM
    Can a relationship last when only knowing a guy 3months?
    My girlfriend broke up with me for a guy who was hitting on me first and I turned him down. About 5months ago she came home and told me she was leaving me for him. We have been together for over 4 years and are the best of friends. So the night she left me she moved in with him, a week later started sharing a checking account and now is buying a house with him. We only knew this guy for 3months when all of this started. I still really miss her and will do anything in the world for her. Does moving this fast in a relationship really last??
    ampersandra Posts: 70, Reputation: 10

Mar 4, 2008, 08:40 PM
    From the looks of it, no. Take my word with a grain of salt though, because there are always exceptions.

However, my guess is that you're asking this question because you want her back. Do you really want her back, knowing that she is someone who could dump you at a drop of a hat and agree to such drastic life changes in so little time? It sounds like she dumped you for a rollercoaster ride.
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2008, 08:49 PM
    Length of time is no indication of how long a relationship might last. 50 year relationships start with 3 months... of course many other relationships don't make it that long.

The fact that he hit on you first, makes me wonder about him... He must really want to settle down with someone...
    O_Troubles Posts: 313, Reputation: 20

Mar 4, 2008, 08:58 PM
    Depends my relationship went fast and I'm still together but we didn't invest so much financually so it wasn't so involved at first. Make sure she gets a pernup by the way! I don't think with the financal strain the relationship will last. All you can do is keep in touch if and when it blows up be there to offer advice refer her to this site lol and be there for her

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Serious relationship with a short tempered guy [ 4 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for almost 6 months and we were friends for a year before we started going out. We normally have a perfect relationship, we get along really well and we both love each other immensely. Sounds great right? Well the one downside to our relationship is he has a short...

Relationship with best guy friend/ex-boyfriend [ 3 Answers ]

This is such a complicated matter that I wonder how I even got involved with it! OK, I went out with this guy, he was really involved with his weekend sport and partying with these guys so after a month and a half he just broke it off with me... really no reason, he just didn't have "butterflies"...

Miscarriage and no menses for 3months [ 4 Answers ]

Anyone ever had miscarriage and then no period for 3 months?

A girl, A guy, and an unhappy relationship [ 2 Answers ]

I've been in a relationship for over four years and have felt unhappy for a while. I met this other guy and was instantly attracted to him but am not sure why. I found him online and initiated a friendship with him. We've talked several times on the phone and have hung out once. I've been...

Ninth grade relationship with guy with girlfriend [ 5 Answers ]

Ok... that guy that was in my last forum... Im still crazy about him!! (we did some stuff together last night.. but he STILL has a gilfriend) he felt bad... but my problem is... my parents.. and his parents now are getting involved... My mom doesn't want me getting together with him AT ALL...

View more questions Search