Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    racheylou Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2008, 02:01 AM
    Best hair dye
    Hi there can anyone one please help me. The other day I used a colour lightener on my dark hair, its turned out a bit orange its not really orange but slightly tinted orange, Can anyone recommend a good hair dye which will remove the orange, Ive heard that the best hair dye to use is an ASH colour is this true any advice will be greatly appreciated Ta xx
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 3, 2008, 08:29 AM
    Racheylou, I've read your previous posts, and it seems to me that you've been trying to go blonde. I've tried to explain to you that in order to go from dark brown to a decent blonde shade, minus the brassy tones, it will require bleaching your hair to the level of lightest you want, and then deposit the desired color. I've also mentioned to you to get your hair done professionally, but you've decided to try to go blonde on your own, and now your hair is orange. A darker blue-base ash hair color will fully neutralize the orange tones in your hair. If you use an ash blonde color, it will make your hair an ash blonde shade with a hint of orange in your hair.

Mar 3, 2008, 08:53 AM
    Thank you for that I no I shouldn't of done it on my own I should have gone to the hair dressers like people were telling me to, can I ask one more question should I use a light ash blonde or a medium ash blonde which will give the best results??

Mar 3, 2008, 09:49 AM
    Light ash blonde or medium ash blonde
    Hi can anyone tell me if I'm bast using a light medium or dark ash blonde to remove some of the orange from my hair I made the biggest mistake by dying my dark hair on my own and I really need a quick fix by tomorrow and I've heard ash colours are good to use I just need to know light medium or dark please xx
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 3, 2008, 11:06 AM
    You can use a medium or a dark ash blonde hair color to neutralize the orange tones. Keep in mind that you may still see a hint of orange tones in your hair when using any ash blonde shade over orange hair. Hopefully, you will let a trained hair stylist fix your hair and achieve your desired color.
    skatvedt Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2008, 12:53 PM
    Hi:)

I would say medium or dark ash blonde.
    My friend had the same problem a while ago, and her hairdresser gave her a dark ash colour that got all the yellow out!
    It's never a very good idea to home-bleach dark hair, but you probably figured that out by yourself, didn't you? ;)
    Seeing as your hair is originally dark, a darker ash blonde would probably suit your skin tone better than a light one as well, and at the same time a darker colour has better potential of removing the underlying yellow tone.
    Good luck to you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get rid of hair dye/keeping hair dye from fading [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I have kind of a problem and no one knows what to do, especially me! I have beautiful dark dark brown hair. I don't know why, but I let someone highlight my hair blonde about 2 years ago. They turned orange, so I dyed my hair dark brown again to get my color back and I was happy. Within a...

Can I use a medium brown permanent hair dye over adark brown permanent hair dye? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I really need some advice about 3 weeks ago I dyed my hair dark brown permanent, my hair colour is naturally dark brown but now my hair is black and really making me look very hard and pale. Am I able to buy a permanent medium brown hair dye to lighten it up? I have read your site and see...

How do I tone down or remove a semi permanent red hair dye over bleach blonde hair? [ 3 Answers ]

I am at my wits end! I had my hair professionally frosted about two months ago. I like the blonde, with my dark hair roots, but I wanted to add some red low lights with the blonde streaking throughout. However, I did not get the results I wanted. Now I have dark roots, and a multi blonde/red...

Is it safe to have 3 lots of hair dye in 1month to try and rectify hair disaster? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I posted yesterday, with no replies yet. Basically. I have got long hair which is dark brown (dyed) base and I had bleached blonde panels. I then wanted the panels red which my colourist did and it looiked great but after just 1 wash all the red had practically gone and I was left with...

Permanent hair dye black- dye it back to light brown? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I have naturally light/medium brown hair. I wanted to try going blonde, so I went and got some permanent blonde hair dye. I dyed it once and it was an awful reddish blonde color, and I could tell the light color wasn't helping compliment my face at all. So I returned the rest of the blonde...

View more questions Search