Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    troyanoen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2008, 11:40 PM
    The fan keeps working for hours after I turn it off
    I just replaced my old honywell analog thermostat for a RTH230B digital thermostat, the first week everything was OK, but the next week, I tried to turn it off and the fan kept working for hours, no heat, no cold, just air, so now I have my unit working all the time and the mode selector indicates off, can anybody help me?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 3, 2008, 01:56 AM
    If it worked for the first week then the thermostat should be OK. It is possible that the blower relay/motor fan control has become defective. It is also possible that the high limit control has tripped but if that were the case the furnace would not be keeping your home warm because it turns off all except the blower fan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hourly employee working 2,080 hours a year, but is getting paid for just 1,920 [ 7 Answers ]

I am paid hourly. This year, I will work 23 days in Jan. 22 days in Feb. 22 days in March, 21 days in April, 23 days inMay, 21 days in June, 22 days in July, 23 days in Aug. 20 days in Sept. 23 days in Oct. 22 days in Nov. and 20 days in Dec. I get paid on the 1st, and the 15th of each month. My...

Harbour breeze ceiling fan - light comes on hours after fan [ 6 Answers ]

We had a harbour breeze ceiling fan w/ light installed June 06 - it has run well w/out incident until just about three weeks ago. Now, after the fan has run for a few hours, sometimes as long as 7, the light will come on --- most disturbing in the middle of the night as it wakes us up. At first I...

ARRGH! I spent fifty bucks and 2 hours working on this dryer and it still squeaks! [ 3 Answers ]

So my dryer was making a terrible squeal I could hear at the neighbor's house. I replaced the rear drum bearing and the heating element today and greased it up plenty, but it's still squeaking! :mad: :mad: For some reason the screws that I attached the drum and the bearing plate wouldn't tighten...

'Normal' working hours [ 5 Answers ]

What are normal hours to work? Is there such a thing as a 9 to 5 anymore? I'm currently doing a 40 -50 hour week (without counting breaks) and I'll have to say it's killing me. :( Can anyone suggest careers which are a little less labour intensive. I'm not lazy just tired! I'll be a biochem...

View more questions Search