Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    geordan1060 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2006, 07:28 PM
    Harbor Breeze Ceiling fan w/remote, help!
    I just puchased a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan w/ 2 lights(1 up) and remote control. I have 4 wires(black,white.red and bare) out of ceiling box. Remote has black and white on one side and black,white,blue,and orange on other which match those coming from fan. Do I need red from box to operate other light?
    I capped red, connnected black,white ceiling to remote. Connected all others by color. No power.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2006, 08:38 PM
    What was there before the fan, and how were the wires connected? Do you have 2 switches that one controlled a light, and the other the fan? If so, to get power now, the switch connected to the black wire must be on. If you had 2 three way switches, the wires at the ceiling must be reconnected to the black and white wires of the remote just as they were to whatever was there before.
    geordan1060 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2006, 03:30 PM
    Thanks so much, your quick response help me finish this project.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2006, 07:49 PM
    I am presuming that labman's response solved your problem? I'm not entirely sure from your last post.

Just in case you need it, here is information on ceiling fan wiring:

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...fan-wiring.php

But what he suggested is what I would have suggested.
    tifitus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2011, 01:33 PM
    I have a similar problem, no switches on tha wall just blk what and gr from the ceiling, that's OK, but after the reciver I have blk what blu and from the fan blk what only, how can I control the light separated fron the fan if I have just 2 wires, thanks, the ceiling fan is a hunter with electronic devices, not pull chain found.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Change dip settings in Harbor Breeze remote [ 2 Answers ]

I think I accidentally changed the dip settings in my Harbor Breeze remote when I changed the battery. How do I find the correct dip settings? Preferably without opening up the ceiling fan itself. Thank you!

Harbor Breeze Remote Issue [ 13 Answers ]

I have three ceiling fans that I installed a couple of years ago with the remote control. I had them all set to the same freq. so one remote contolled them all and I have had not problems until now. After leaving for a week on vacation we got back and none of the three fans will respond to the...

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan [ 6 Answers ]

Have a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan with remote and the power was shut off from the circuit breaker box and now my fan or light will not come on. Checked the connections, dip for the remote and reset the circuits but no luck. Any one with any ideas please pass along. Thanks

Harbor breeze fan with hunter remote [ 1 Answers ]

I pulled the fan from another room where it was working fine to put it in another bedroom. When I hook up the wiring according to the receiver I get nothing from the fan. When I bypasseb the remote receiver I got only the fan spinning and the lights wouldn't turn on. I didn't note the wiring when I...

Hampton Bay Remote and Harbor Breeze Remotes [ 1 Answers ]

I have two ceiling fans in two adjacent rooms. One is a Hampton Bay and the other a Harbor Breeze. Both remotes work the Harbor Breeze fan but all of a sudden neither remote will operate the Hampton Bay. It worked fine one day ago. The batteries are both new. The dip switches in both remotes are...

View more questions Search