Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gramos Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2008, 07:18 PM
    No hot water at any tape
    Hi

Anybody can help I have no hot water in any tape or shower at home the heater works fine cold water is working OK no hot water at any tape.

Thanks

Regard
    Grams
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2008, 08:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gramos
    hi

anybody can help i have no hot water in any tape or shower at home the heater works fine cold water is working ok no hot water at any tape.

thanks

regard
    grams
    Gramos - YOU did not say if you had a elect. Or gas. Hot water tank But go and check in the main elect, panel to see if you have a tripped double breaker . GO TO NEXT POST FBE
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2008, 10:07 PM
    Gramos - Next take the cover s that cover where the thermostates and heationg elements are on the top thermostate some have a red button it may have tripped it will be sticking out so see if you can push in on it and it reset. Now if you have a ohm meter, set it on ac volts 220or 500volts . I useualy set mine on the higher 500 NOW at the very top of the top thermostate there is ( 2 ) wires comeing in to it touch a probe to each top screw , you should see the metrer needle move all the way to the rightthat means you have the proper power comeing into the tank, Ok turn off power at the panel box, off OK take a #2 phillips screw driver and loosen one of the two screws on the heating element loosen one of the screws and pull the wire over to the side set your ohm meter to contunutty ,put one probe on one screw and the other probe on the other screwif the element uis good the needle will go to far right again ( BUT IT WILL LIE TO YOU BECAUSE WATER IS A CONDUCTOR OF Electricity AND THE ELEMENT HAS BLOWN IT WILL BE FULL OF WATER AND SHOW THAT ELEMENT IS GOOD WHEN IT REALLY IS BAD ) SO leave one probe on one of the screws and put the other probe to the tank metal, now if the needle goes to the right you do have a blown heat element and will need changed, if not then go to bottom and do the same procudure if that elemenmt is good lets check the thermostates , go to the top one and turn the temp setting up to a higher setting( NOTE _ put the wires back on the elementys you took off and tighten screws back down, turn the bottom one downset meter back to voltsac 500volts turn power back on , now touch one probe to one screw and the other porobe to the otgher screw, got full reading to right (great0 now lets turn the temp all way down on top thermostate and turn bottom all way up, now touch one probe to one screw and one to the other screw, IF it checks out OK then we got one more thing to check ( NOTE - lets say that you could get no reading on the top element when we were checking it . That would mean the element was bad and would have to be replaced ) Ok lets turn off the water to the tank and open a hot water faucet and a ciold water one ,let pressure drop off in side tank . Now we need to check the tube , That the hot water line is connectedto ,take off hot water line at top iof tsank and un screw the part that is still in the tanktake it out and will probably find all or most of it gone ,if it is you will have to get a new one and replace, I know this seams like a lot to dio but it's not and won't take very long, NOTE - IF your checks turned out omk then start checking all the hot water kllines to see if you have any leaks even faucets. If you need any more help ,come back on here and one of us will try to help you , Good Luck & GOD BLESS < If I have helped you please rate my answer ,thanks :::F.B.E.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Mar 1, 2008, 10:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gramos
    hi

i have no hot water in any tape
    Do you mean that you have no water coming out of the hot side of the faucet, or do you mean that the water coming out is not hot?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold water coming out of hot water tap in bathroom but Really hot water in kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone give me a reason as to why nearly completely cold water is coming out of my hot water tap in my bathroom but when I run the hot water tap in the kitchen the water is nearly boiling. The hot water and cold water taps are separate in the bathroom, where the kitchen has a handle which...

New hot water heater installed, but no hot water pressure. Plenty of cold water? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I own a small plumbing service and have a problem I've never encountered before. I installed a new top vented gas water heater for a customer. Turned the main back on, bled air out of the lines, etc. Problem is there is no hot water pressure throughout the house. Cold water pressure is fine....

No Hot Water to shower head, but Hot water to the Tub? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I just purchased a new house. We have found that the shower pressure in the bathroom is wonderful however once you have set the right temp from the tub spout and switch over to the shower no hot water makes it to the shower head. We can only turn off the cold water completely in...

Loss of hot water in shower when hot water is used by sink [ 2 Answers ]

We are in the process of remodeling our basement bathroom/shower. We have the whole thing gutted and can see where the cold water pipes come into our house. We want to fix the problem we have of when taking a shower, no one can use any hot water because the shower momentarily gets cold. Once the...

Hot water run in bathroom cuts out hot water in kitchen [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, Currently in our bungalow, if we run hot water in the bath & also run hot water in the kitchen tap, after a few seconds water from the kitchen taps stops. If we turn off the bath tap, water still refuses to flow from the kitchen tap. My wife knows a little about the history of the...

View more questions Search