Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avillegas89 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Mar 1, 2008, 02:21 PM
    How do I take my daughter out of the country if her father and I have no contact what
    I don't know what to do.
    I have a 2 yr old daughter. Her biological father has never been involved at all he was at her birth and his name is on the birth certificate and she has his last name, but we split up 6 weeks after she was born. He's never giving me child support or anything. To her, her dad is my husband. I just got married and am planing on going out of the country in the next year or so. And I want to take my daughter; what do I have to do if I don't have a "written authorization" from her biological father?
    I would also like to know what steps I have to take to get full custody of my daughter and my husband would like her to have his last name. What do I do?
    I am afraid of going to court and having to end up having shared custody of my daughter...
    I don't know what to do, some one please help me!:confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 1, 2008, 02:55 PM
    Your husband will need to file for adoption, if after a search the bio father can not be located, a public posting in the legal post of the proper news paper is made, and an adoption can take place. If during the search he is found you have him sign to give over his rights so the adoption can take place
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 1, 2008, 03:37 PM
    And all this needs to go through the court system. With new homeland security in place you have to have both parents sign off or the child doesn't leave the country.
    avillegas89 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Mar 3, 2008, 10:00 AM
    So I have to find my daughters biological father first before I can get her a passport?
    What if he doesn't want to let me get her a passport? Is there an amount of time that his rights are as valid anymore specially if he hasent been involved in her life?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long is it that a father has no contact with a child to be abandonment? [ 2 Answers ]

How long is it a father has to have no contact with a child to be abandonment?I LIVE IN NEW YORK STATE. - moved from Introductions -

Adult Child Given Up for Adoption wants contact with supposed biological father [ 8 Answers ]

Here's the story. My husband may have fathered a daughter before we ever met. He was not named on the birth certificate and the biological mother had relations with other men during the same time frame. The girl was legally adopted by another married couple. She made contact with the birth...

My daughters father left the country [ 1 Answers ]

My daughters father left the country. I do not know when he left the country,the last time she saw him was for 5 minutes 5 days before Christmas, he called to speak to her on new Years Eve and he didn't indicate when or if he was coming back to the United States. We do not have custody...

Father abandoned daughter one and a half years ago and step father wants to adopt [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question. My daughters father completely stopped contact with my daughter a year and a half ago. We were separated for eight years, Since then I have remarried and gone on with my life. He suddenly stopped all contact with her a year and a half ago, stopped child support about three...

Daughter sent out of the country without mothers permission by father! [ 5 Answers ]

My ex-husband and I got a divorce in 97' in our divorce it was agreed upon that we had joint custody. Our three children would reside with me and visit there father on weekends, Muslim holidays, every other Christmas, and six weeks out of the summer, any changes in addresses, phones numbers, etc....

View more questions Search