Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vintage_surf21 Posts: 22, Reputation: 0

Feb 29, 2008, 05:30 PM
    My hair was beautiful before I bleached it.now what?
    I'm depressed and confused. Please help! 3 weeks ago I had beautiful natural dirty blond hair with dyed blond highlights. I was very confident and loved life. OK. Then I wanted to go all blond. I went to a professional hair stylist and she bleached all of my hair and stripped all of the color out! It looked white, orange, and yellow! I was shaking as I left the stylist and cryed all the way home. I went back the next day and had her fix it and cover it with a dark brown. It has been 3 weeks (although it has felt like a lot longer) and the color is slowly fading... I feel a lot more confident with the blond highlights. Do I have to wait for my hair to grow out entirely before I can add highlights again? Or can I highlight over bleached and then dyed dark hair?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 1, 2008, 07:25 AM
    If your hair is not damaged, you should be able to re-color your highlights. To achieve a decent blonde color, you will need to strip or bleach the underlying pigments and apply the desired color. It's best to use a foil method or highlighting cap to prevent the hair color processes from getting on the rest of your hair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red hair dye on bleached blonde hair [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new to this but am desperate for any advice. Right, here goes! I have long hair which was dark brown base (almost like my natural colour) with bleached blonde panels going through it. It looked fab and it was even in good condition. Then lo and behold on the 8th September just gone I...

Bleached hair [ 2 Answers ]

I've recently had my hair bleached, and now its white blonde and redish orange.. What can I do to get rid of the redish orange color and to darken my hair up?

I bleached my hair [ 1 Answers ]

I have dyed my dark brown hair black for 2-3 years now and recently I bleached my hair, making it go brown. I bleached it again and now it is orange! And it won't go blonde, what can I do?

Bleached hair and swimming [ 1 Answers ]

I just bleached my hair and I want to go swimming will my hair turn green, what can I do to avoid this from happing.

Beautiful hair... but what can I do with it? [ 1 Answers ]

I have long hair (about down to my bra line). It is layered (long layers) and I love the way it looks down. BUT... I can't keep it out of my face!! So no one ever see's it down because it's always pulled back in a nasty pony tail! I am allergic to hair spray (it causes me to break out in a...

View more questions Search