Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lab6rose Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 09:08 PM
    Should I leave food out for my 3 month old puppy?
    We have a 3month old lab puppy and we have been leaving food out for him during the day. Do we need to keep doing this or should we just feed the pup at specific times only?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 29, 2008, 03:21 AM
    My dog gets fed AM and PM only, never have left food out for her. She is ll and used to the routine. I have done this for all my dogs. It is good to establish a routine for them at a young age. Not only for food, but exercise and relieving themselves out of doors.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 29, 2008, 10:20 AM
    If it is a typical Lab, the food is gone before you are out of the house, and then it is starved when you get home. I hope you aren't leaving it by itself more than 4-5 hours. If you can't make it back to give it a mid day break, see if a neighbor or professional dog walker can.

At 3 months, you can cut back to 2 meals a day.

Have you read the sticky at the top of the forum? I just found a great, more extensive resource at http://www.guidedogsofthedesert.org/...iserManual-May 2007.doc

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How much food-milk should my 6 month old be getting [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: my 6 month old only weighs 7kg he usually has 4 230 ml bottles a day and 1 1/2 to 2 tins of food a day but he has just dropped down to 2 -3 bottles a day if I'm lucky I took him to my health clinic and she said that he needs more milk but he just won't have it I've tried to put it in his...

I don't think my 6 month old get enough food [ 2 Answers ]

I have 6 month and one week old daughter. I was breast feeding until she was 4,5 month all feedings, now I don't have milk anymore but I use some frozen breast milk from the freezer and mix half milk half formula... seems like she doesn't like at all and starts to trow up after feedings? What...

Month to month notice to leave [ 2 Answers ]

I rent month to month in Florida with no lease, how long in advance does the landlord have to give a notice to leave the premises?

Dry food or wet food for puppy? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I just got an 8 week old Daschund puppy and I'm not sure if I should give him wet food or dry food? Thank You. :confused:

6 month old lab eating adult food? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, I recently got a black lab from a breeder. He is 6 months old and was being fed iams lamb and rice adult dog food (1.5 cups a day). My question is this the correct food for my dog. The vet said to switch him to a large breed puppy food. I am confused as to who's advice I should take. Any...

View more questions Search