Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Margom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 03:13 PM
    Gift tax
    How much gift tax will I have to pay if I give my daughter $100,000?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 28, 2008, 03:49 PM
    None. At least none right now. You would have to file a gift tax form with the IRS (required if you make a gifts of over $12K in a year to a person other than your spouse). The amount over $12K is applied against your lifetime gift exclusion of $1M. So in your case you that leaves about $912K still left over for gifts during your lifetime before you have to pay any gift tax. It also reduces by $88K the amount of exclusion your estate would have from estate taxes when you die.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much is gift tax on $100,000? [ 6 Answers ]

My parents are looking into helping me with a down payment on an apartment. The rule for gift tax is each parent can give you $13,000 per year without being taxes. But, if my parents wanted to give me $100,000 for a down payment on an apartment, how much would that be taxed? If anyone can point...

Estate Tax and gift tax [ 1 Answers ]

My husband owns a house which we are living in together, and still have a big mortgage. If my husband adds me onto your deed for his house, is it treated as a gift and he or I have to pay gift tax? If he die without adding me onto his deed, do I have to pay Estate tax? If we get...

View more questions Search