Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Callie01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 03:02 PM
    Roommate whole stole
    My husband and I were away for a few days over the weekend. Our roommate called to tell us that a "friend" of his stayed the night and stole a Playstation 3 ($400) and a game ($60) from our house. Later when we returned we found that a gift certificate and a card containing a $100 bill were also missing. We are not believing our roommate in the whole "friend" story in the first place. What should we have done? Should we have called the Police? He has threatened to move out without paying what he still owes us or buying a new Playstation.

Thank you!
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2008, 03:22 PM
    This is a risk of allowing others to occupy your home.

You cannot even report the theft since you gave him permission to be in your residence.

I don't know of much you can do?

Does your husband own a basball bat?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Roommate Problems: How to Deal with crazy Roommate [ 4 Answers ]

I have a roommate who is 52 years old (Japanese/American bon in US). He was pretty good roommate from Aug 2001, just because he never lived in apt until end of July, I think. He was living with his girlfriend whole time but he came back once a while but he never stayed no longer than 1 week....

Roommate stole my stuff [ 5 Answers ]

I moved in with my girlfriend (only her name was on the lease), we broke up, she did not come back to the apartment, a couple of months later after I realized she was not coming back I went to the apartment manager and filled out a lease for myself in another apartment, same complex. In the...

Landlord/Roommate added roommate without discussion [ 8 Answers ]

My roommate is my landlord. Recently he decided to add roommate to the house. I was never asked,nor was it discussed in any way with me. Two days before the new guys moved in I got a phone call that said, we’re getting a new roommate. He moved into the room next to mine right on time. We, me...

View more questions Search