Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LilAngel8108 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 01:07 PM
    Opening my own business

Im almost 18 years old and I was hoping for some help in applying for a grant to open my own business.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 28, 2008, 01:09 PM
    Try sba.gov
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2008, 01:10 PM
    Hello Lil:

You're not going to find any free money. Get some experience. Save some money. Write a business plan. Then after you've put ALL your savings into it, you might find somebody who will invest with you. But, it ain't going to be free.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 28, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Really, excon? You mean that guy who sells that book on how to get free govt money is scamming people? :D
    GrantGopher Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Mar 1, 2008, 04:20 AM
    There are some grants for business, but they are for businesses already in operation. I have never seen a grant for starting a business.

Your community may have a Business Development Center - sometimes these are affiliated with a Chamber of Commerce. These centers are designed to help you get started with your business. They don't offer money, but they do have a lot of free and low-cost resources.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Opening a business [ 1 Answers ]

How do get started on trying to open a adult help daycare?

About business [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I am from india, I have my stationary shop, I want to start joint business of second hand school & college books, I want some idea & suggestions from u, help me. Waiting for your reply

Business name [ 5 Answers ]

How do I go about registering the name of my business and to keep the right and idea for my business so peopledo not take and use my idea

Opening a business [ 1 Answers ]

How would I start a coffee/bakery shop, and who would I ask

I want my own business [ 3 Answers ]

I've had the dream for ages and its on paper, I've done all the planning. All the finiane is in place. I need to know what I need to do next. Where do I registor my business, what do I need to do. Phone tax office, national ins. Can you please tell me. I'm not sure on the next stp forward before I...

View more questions Search