Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fritz_deffey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2008, 05:31 PM
    Just cause for quitting a job to collect unemplyment?
    If you were promised several things (verbally)before you got hired at a company example: you would not have to work week-ends,pay etc. Then a new boss comes in and tells you ,that will not happen. You took the job because you were promised that you would not be working week-ends(because you can't) Do you have just cause to quit are you protected by any laws etc?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 05:39 PM
    Normally no unless you have a written job contract, and even then it may depend. Companies are allowed to change your pay, your work days and your working hours, even the job you do if they desire.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 05:43 PM
    First of all, verbal promises don't mean a thing, anyone can make verbal promises.

I don't know where you are located but here in Ontario if you are terminated then your unemployment insurance kicks in within a couple of weeks, if you leave voluntarily then you have to wait six or eight weeks. Most people just go out and start looking again rather then go on the dole.

No your reason isn't just cause.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quitting smoking [ 5 Answers ]

I have quit smoking 6 weeks ago and now have severe night sweats, every night. Is this normal? Thank you

Quitting Job & Cashing In 401k [ 11 Answers ]

Here's my situation: I'm 40 years old, I have roughly $140,000 in my 401K including $16,000 left to pay on a 401k loan. I have an oppourtunity to open my own business and want to quit my job of 16 years and cash in my 401k to use as capitol. How Much would I lose in penalties and interest?...

Quitting Smoking? [ 11 Answers ]

Okay so, I want to quit smoking, the thing is, I smoke when I am bored, so to quit smoking I would need to find soemthing else to do with my hands instead of smoking. A friend of mine, she quit smoking and now she eats when she is bored. I don't want to eat all the time... I think I need a hobby...

401k, quitting job at 49, want to go to school [ 1 Answers ]

I work a rotating shift job (days to nights every 2 weeks) with my husband that is affecting my health after 8 years. I have a 401k, (30,000) that I think I should roll over to an IRA, my husband wants me to pay off my truck (18,000) with the 401k and take some time off. I want to take courses...

Quitting job / H1-B Visa status [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know how long can I stay in the country if I resign to my job while being under the H1-B Visa status.

View more questions Search