Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lweber7035 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2008, 02:04 PM
    Misterminer charges
    My son was convicted of a felony. We hired a lawyer and it was dropped to a misterminer. He is 18 years old and I worry about him getting a job or his record through out his adult life. What can he expect from this?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2008, 02:24 PM
    I'm assuming he was charged with a felony; they're not going to drop it down to a misdemeanor if they've already found him guilty.

What exactly did he do? It may or may not affect his career.
    lweber7035 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2008, 02:42 PM
    His first court case was last night and the lawyer told us they made great strides. The felony was DROPPED to a mistiminer. He has another court date end of March.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2008, 03:58 PM
    What did he do to get charged with the felony in the first place?
    topladyj Posts: 323, Reputation: 13

Feb 27, 2008, 04:10 PM
    WELL THANK GOODNESS IT IS A mistiminer now. My boyfriend has a felony and it makes it so hard no one wants to rent to us. I am a good girl so when we go look for houses I usually meet the owners first. Jobs are tough to get. You must have a great laywer if they did drop it down. He should be all right.
    topladyj Posts: 323, Reputation: 13

Feb 27, 2008, 04:10 PM
    Sorry It Posted Twice
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 04:17 PM
    Well since you did not say what crime it is, it is hard to say, but this is a lot better than a felony, but without knowing what crime, was a felony DUI, or robbery, or theft, or assault, was it domestic violence, a crime with a minor?? Different crimes effect work differently

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Criminal Charges [ 2 Answers ]

I recently found out that a family member had multiple felony charges brought against them. They claimed they were not aware. Is it possible to be arrested and charged with 8 charges and NOT know? Charges stem from burglary, receiving stolen property, possession of illegal substance, manufacture...

Bank charges [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm not sure if I have the right subject to put this in. Does anyone know of any good sites that will help you claim your bank charges back? I know of one Bank Charges - get your charges back they have a no win no fee but there fee is 35% of what you get back anyone have any thoughts on the...

Drop Charges in FL [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! New here, I recently went through some things with my now ex. I had an injunction taken out, filed charges to be picked up by the state, etc. We have talked over the phone, just tonight, and want to stop going after each other, we agree that it is over completely, but I am pregnant and don't...

Expungment of charges [ 1 Answers ]

I was arrested in Memphis, TN. In 1992 for theft of property under $500.00. I was sentenced to probation 11/29 on this charge. In 1994 I was arrested again in Memphis for the same thing. This time I served 94 days in a county facility. I've not been arrested since, can I have these charges expunged...

View more questions Search