Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baby21blue Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2008, 07:12 PM
    Do you have to evict a live-in nanny?
    I am hiring a live-in nanny. Actually I am exchanging free rent in exchange for child care. Is this person my nanny or my roommate? If anything goes wrong can I just terminate the person? My biggest concern would be if they get mail at my house would they be entitled to "squatter's rights" Would I have to evict them? I live in Georgia.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 26, 2008, 07:15 PM
    A nanny is an employee, whether paid in cash or bartered. When employment ends then have to leave.
    baby21blue Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2008, 07:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by baby21blue
    I am hiring a live-in nanny. actually i am exchanging free rent in exchange for child care. Is this person my nanny or my roommate? If anything goes wrong can I just terminate the person? My biggest concern would be if they get mail at my house would they be entitled to "squatter's rights" Would I have to evict them? I live in Georgia.
    OK so I need to write up an employment contract? I have tried to find contracts or some type of model on the internet and everything is either vague or you have to pay over a $100 for it. If it was your home what course of actions would you take to ultimately protect your assets and family.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 26, 2008, 07:45 PM
    Keep it simple. State the names of the parties and what each one brings to the contract.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nanny Mcphee [ 7 Answers ]

I just saw the best little film I have seen in a long time. Nanny Mcphee, if you haven't seen it yet it is just excellent! Gather the kids around, make popcorn and sit back and enjoy. Angela Lansbury plays the wicked old aunt and she is a gasser! If you have seen it let me know what you think.:p

Wages for live in nanny [ 2 Answers ]

Does anybody know how much a live in nanny for my mother should be paid?

How do I evict a roommate if I am the landlord and live in the same [ 1 Answers ]

I am a townhouse owner in Massachusetts and I rent two rooms in the house out to two roommates. I do not have a written lease with them but they agreed to pay the rent and split all utility bills. One of the roommates started paying the rent and the utilities late (she now owes me over a...

View more questions Search