Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mickey1328 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2008, 12:13 PM
    Adding bathroom on slab foundation
    I want to add a 1/2 bathroom in my home which is on a slab foundation. The new bathroom would share a common wall with the original bathroom. The toilet and sink would be back to back with the original bathroom toilet and sink. What is the best way to accomplish this with the least amount of tear up of wall and floor. Thanks Mickey
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 26, 2008, 02:50 PM
    If you open the wall you will see the drain and vent stack for the existing bath, right behind the toilet. You will need to break out the floor for the new toilet drain line to connect to the existing drain and your sink can be tapped into the drain above the floor. Is this drain pipe also the vent stack all the way to the roof line?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding Shower to bathroom on a slab [ 2 Answers ]

We are looking at purchasing an older house and wish to add a stall corner shower to the existing bathroom along an exterior wall Is it it possible to pour an additional slab where we would like the shower stall to be, to allow for the drain, then run the drain through the exterior wall to tie...

Remodeling with Slab Foundation [ 1 Answers ]

I want to remodel my house with a slab foundation. To keep things simple I'm trying to re-use the existing plumbing & gas (in kitchen) connections. I also want to add a bathroom in what is currently the garage. It has laundry hook-ups for washer & dryer so I'm thinking I can use those, but I'm not...

Leak under carpeted slab by bathroom door - does slab have to be ripped up? [ 2 Answers ]

Could the leak be caused from something else? There is no water on bathroom floor, but could it be the toilet seal? Or a clogged vent backing up water or sewer? Help, we don't have much money and need answers fast.

Adding a foundation pillar [ 1 Answers ]

I have discovered that I have inadequate support for a stairwell in my home. The support posts rests between floor joists, with no foundation pillar underneath. What is the best way to install a foundation pillar in an existing crawlspace?

View more questions Search