Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    racheylou Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2008, 08:41 AM
    Best shampoo
    Hi there please can anyone tell me the best shampoo(s) to use to make my hair colour fade I have a medicated shampoo called polytar, will this be any good, maybe pantene clarifying shampoo or can anyone recommend anything better I live in the uk so its almost impossible to get prell shampoo please help I just need something I can buy over the counter.

Please please I'm getting desperate xx
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Feb 26, 2008, 09:17 AM
    Any clarifying shampoo will do.
    I currently use Nu:u detox shampoo which I bought for a pound from a pound shop. Try that out or try out the pantene. :)
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Feb 26, 2008, 09:18 AM
    Use one that is designed to remove product build-up or chlorine build-up
    Yvonnek Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2008, 01:56 AM
    Hi there why not try head and shoulders meant to take colour out quicker. Or if you want to try home remedy use 3/4 cup of apple cider vinegar with 1/2 cup of water. Shampoo first, rinse then pour on vinegar. Leave on for about 1 minute, rinse and shampoo again. Rinse well to get ride of vinegar smell. It removes all build up in the hair. If you leave on for an hour really gives you hair a great shine.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Feb 29, 2008, 03:56 PM
    Medicated shampoos have the ability to fade hair color. As I've mentioned on other threads, clarifying shampoos are good for fading hair color. Dandruff shampoos such as Head & Shoulders can also accelerate the fading process. However, you should give the medicated shampoo a try and see if it works for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't get shampoo out of hair. [ 2 Answers ]

I have extremely thick very coarse red hair, and its always been a little tough to get the soap out, but for the last few (4-5) months I've had to hide grimey hair in a constant ponytail. Its so bad that as soon as I get my hair wet it plasters together and I just can't get the soap through it....

Shampoo/Condtioner [ 5 Answers ]

Can you use human hair conditioner on a long hairred dog? :)

Shampoo usage [ 2 Answers ]

Do I have to change the brand of the shampoo I use after few months ?

Shampoo [ 10 Answers ]

Is it true that you should change shampoos every once in a while, because your hair gets used to the shampoo? And if so, is this true even if you're already using an expensive salon shampoo? Thanks.

View more questions Search