Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Daniquin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2008, 01:27 PM
    Immigration prob
    My fiancé is being held in immigration jail right now. The only way for him to be released and not get deported is to get his felony case appealed. If we were to get married now while he is in jail (if that is possible) could he still be deported?
    MrsJoseph06 Posts: 189, Reputation: 22

Feb 25, 2008, 01:29 PM
    Yes, getting married to an american citizen does not make you an american citizen you have to file all the paper work to become a citizen
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2008, 02:44 PM
    Agreed, the marriage will change nothing, he is not eligible to enter the US due to his criminal record. You have to decide if you want to wait for him to clear up his record (which the courts in his country may not do) or move to where he is.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2008, 04:56 PM
    Getting married now would cause you more problems. It would be seen as a scheme, which it sure sounds like. A marriage would not withhold any course of action against this guy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Immigration fees for Australian immigration [ 6 Answers ]

Dear Sir; I want to know the immigration fee for Australian Immigration please also clasify both refundable in case of rejection and non refundable immigration fee. I travers every Australian immigration web site but I did'nt find immigration fee please replay me soon. ...

Orgasm prob? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey. I have masturbated before and had heeps of orgasms but around 6 months ago I couldn't and I still cant. How can I fix it?

Best friends prob [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. I hv this friend " Emiliano" that I've known since we were 6 or 7 yrs old!! We had a good relation.. we used to spends most of our time together and hang out... well he didn't pass 8th grade and had to repeat it... bt we still continued to be friends... well I encouraged him and brought him to...

Last name prob. [ 8 Answers ]

OK I have a prob. I'm going to have my baby next month and I want to no if I can give her any last name even if it has nothing to do with me

View more questions Search