Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrisandjenn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2008, 12:24 AM
    Brick fireplace
    I am looking for info on how to make a brick fireplace smooth? How or what products do I need to make that possible without it cracking?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2008, 12:40 AM
    I'm not sure exactly what you are meaning about making it smooth. As you asking about the mortar used between the bricks or about the actual surface of the bricks themselves?
    chrisandjenn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2008, 12:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    I'm not sure exactly what you are meaning about making it smooth. As you asking about the mortar used between the bricks or about the actual surface of the bricks themselves?
    I'm sorry I was asking how or what can I use to cover the bricks and make it look like a smooth wall? Instead of a brick wall.
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Feb 25, 2008, 02:14 PM
    You could cover it up with drywall or use wire mesh / plaster, which would be much more difficult. The wire mesh would prevent it from cracking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cleaning Fireplace Brick [ 5 Answers ]

I have a woodburning fireplace with bricks surrounding it. We are replacing the door with a new steel door that is smaller than the one currently installed. Consequently, we will be able to see the outline of the old door because of some soot. Is there any way to clean this naturally? Our...

Painting Brick Fireplace [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to paint the brick around our fireplace to update the look. I would like to know what products and methods of applying are available.

Refacing brick fireplace [ 1 Answers ]

Can I install stone over my brick fireplace

Updating Brick Fireplace [ 3 Answers ]

We need to update our fireplace (see photo attached below). The painted wood mantle is OK; we will enhance by covering the corners. And adding decorative trim. We dislike the two-tone brick and are cosidering tiling over it. What type of tile would we need; how do we prepare the current brick...

Refinishing brick fireplace [ 1 Answers ]

I've been refinishing a fireplace/mantel, which has included stripping layers of paint off the brick fireplace. After months of chemical applications, most of the paint is off, but there are still some stubborn remnants that just aren't coming out - they seem to have soaked into the brick, and...

View more questions Search