Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jay99 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 05:58 PM
    Venting the unvented drain system
    Is there a way to vent my unvented homes drain system without opening up walls
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 06:15 PM
    Next question is... do you have AAVs in you house? They look simliar to the pictures below... These may be the answer you are looking for... can install these without opening walls (usually).

If not, you will need to find out if they are allowed in your town/city (call plumbing inspector and ask him). Get back to me with answer. PS --->> You posted this question twice... remove one to reduce missing each other in cross posts. Thanks.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drain venting - just 2 questions look here [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: The existing house drain system (1950's house) has 2 drain stacks that go from basement floor and up through the roof. Sinks, showers and toilets are tied in directly to these stack/vents. The only existing re-vent is off kitchen sink and is the furthest run from where the main sewer...

Venting an island drain [ 1 Answers ]

I'm relocating a kitchen sink onto an island. The island is "down stream" on the 4" waste line from the existing kitchen sink. Does the island require a separate vent?

Adding venting to an unvented downstairs bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, this is my first post here and I appreciate any help you can give me with a plumbing project I have to figure out in my new old house. When we bought this 1890's house three years ago, it had a downstairs kitchen and half bath and a full upstairs bathroom. I remodeled the kitchen in July...

Bar sink addition to unvented kitchen drain [ 3 Answers ]

My house is roughly 60 years old. The kitchen sink drain was never vented, it is approx 2" pipe that runs straight into the floor no vent going up. The sink drains fine, never a problem. I want to put a bar sink in my basement and this is the only drain I can tap into. It would be approx 20...

Drain Venting [ 4 Answers ]

I recently purchased a house (35 yr old) in which the kitchen sink vent was removed (it was completely clogged). The plummer installed a mechanical vent for the sink drain. That works fine for the kitchen, however when a toilet is flushed, water actually backflows into the kitchen sink. I am...

View more questions Search