Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    weeknworker Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 04:41 PM
    Carrier Furnace sparcks but will not light pilot/burner.
    My Carrier Gas Furnace Model#58GS will not light pilot/burner when turned on. I can hear and see the spark but it does not light up. It appears that no gas is coming through even though the control knob and manual shut off valve are turned on. I also cannot smell gas. Gas to house is OK because gas water heater is working fine. Since it was easy, I changed the thermostat but it did not help. My house is 30 years old and it's the original furnace. Please help. Thank you
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 05:24 PM
    You need to clean your pilot orifice.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2008, 05:48 PM
    I agree with hvac1000 you may just have a dirty pilot orifice. You can check to see if you have 24v from PV to C on the gas valve to make sure it is getting a call to light.
    weeknworker Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2008, 08:55 PM
    Thank you Hvac1000 and T-Top. I will try your suggestions... this weekend

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Gas Furnace will not light pilot and burner [ 3 Answers ]

My Carrier Gas Furnace Model#58GS will not light pilot/burner when turned on. I can hear and see the spark but it does not light up. It appears that no gas is coming through even though the control knob and manual shut off valve are turned on. I also cannot smell gas. Since it was easy, I...

Gas Water Heater burner/pilot light . [ 1 Answers ]

Hey there, It has been a wild week. I had to travel 2 hours to a hospital because they thought my grandfather had an anyerism. Luckily he is still in the hospital but OK. But when I got home I had no hot water. Check and pilot light was out. Relit pilot OK. Turned thermostat knob up, burner...

How do you light the pilot light of a Carrier furnace? [ 1 Answers ]

How do you light the furnace of a Carrier furnace model #58DLA110-12?

Carrier Furnace pilot lights, nothing else happens.its cold! [ 16 Answers ]

Hi All, First, thanks for the great place to ask for help. I've learned a lot about my furnace after reading many posts online, but I have not been able to solve my problem. Here goes: 1) I have a Carrier 58DH060-CC (Made in the 80's) 2) When starting from scratch, if I turn off the...

Water heater pilot light gets extinguished by main burner ignition. [ 1 Answers ]

Problem: Water heater pilot light gets blown out by main burner when it ignites. Background: About eight or nine days ago I installed a new Rheem LP gas fired water heater. I had to convert (change / install) the main burner jet and pilot light orifice to burn LP gas as well as change the...

View more questions Search