Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paulanevin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2006, 10:42 AM
    Move Truss
    Can a floor truss be adjusted/moved (in basement) to center a shower drain (on 1st floor)?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2006, 11:53 AM
    It could be done, but would be a big mess. If you move it very far, you would need to put in something to support the floor. If the floor is already finished above, removing it would be tough. You might do better to box a short section off with headers and put in 2 short joists about 11'' apart. . You want good support under a shower so that the pan doesn't sag and open the drain pipe.
    PalmMP3 Posts: 321, Reputation: 28

Feb 8, 2006, 04:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paulanevin
    Can a floor truss
    By the way, just for future reference, it's called a "joist". Trusses are those angled beams in your attic that hold the roof up.

HTH,
    Moishe
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Feb 8, 2006, 09:57 PM
    Depending how they are manufacutured there is such thing as a flooor truss. There are floor joist wich are solid 2x's, there are I-joists which are usually plywood w/ a 2x top and bottom cap, then there are floor trusses w/ 2x' is a truss (web) like formation.
    PalmMP3 Posts: 321, Reputation: 28

Feb 8, 2006, 10:47 PM
    Aha. Thanks for clearing that up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to move [ 4 Answers ]

We do not have a lease,we are month to month tenants.We want to move.we told our landlord on the 15th of may that we are moving on the 17 of June.Well he proceeded to ask me if we would stay until the end of June in stead of the middle.Well we cannot do that.He then told me that he had spent our...

To move or not to move - Tub Drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am installing a 72" soaker tub into a properly roughed in basement bathroom. The soaker tub's drain is not in the traditional spot and is positioned in the middle of the length of the bath. I have a 2" snub up located about 24-30" from where my tub drain will sit. Do I have to cut up...

Ex wants to Move & Take Son [ 4 Answers ]

I live in CA (with my wife of 7 years, our 2 children, and my step-son) and I have joint legal and 33% physical custody of my 8 year-old son with my ex-girlfriend (even though I get him a lot more than 33%, that percentage is what is on the court orders). My ex recently married a man in the Army,...

Still can't move on [ 9 Answers ]

Hi wondering if anyone can help. I split up with my ex 6 months ago. He finished the relationship, I did not want it to end. Since we have split we have remained friends and have continued to see each other often resulting in us sleeping together. He says that he doesn't want to be with me at the...

Can't move on! [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend finished with me around 2 months ago. He has a new girlfriend now but I can not seem to move on. I have not been chasing him or trying to contact him or trying to get him back or anything. Its just I cannot seem to move on. Any advice?

View more questions Search