Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Feb 23, 2008, 09:32 PM
    Save Hair dye?
    I dyed my friend's hair tonight, and there was enough left for my hair. Is it okay to save it until tomorrow for my own hair?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2008, 09:38 PM
    It should be okay until tomorrow.
    Vision Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 04:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by charlotte234s
    It should be okay until tomorrow.

It's highlighting stuff and it is in a plastic bag in my refrigerator... I don't know if this helps any...

So it should be okay?
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2008, 01:47 PM
    Yeah as long as you don't get anything else into it or let it dry out. =)
    Vision Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 01:52 PM
    Yeah as long as you don't get anything else into it or let it dry out. =)
    Yeah, nothing will get into it, it's in a plastic ziplock bag. I think it's doing fine. I'm going to highlight my hair tonight!!
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2008, 02:02 PM
    Good luck and be careful not to get it on your clothes cause it will ruin them haha, I was helping a friend of mine do hers and she got it on her rug in the bathroom, it got ruined. :P
    Vision Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 02:09 PM
    Good luck and be careful not to get it on your clothes cause it will ruin them haha, I was helping a friend of mine do hers and she got it on her rug in the bathroom, it got ruined. :P
    Yeah, I know I've dyed my hair before. I have been for 9 years. I have designated hair dying clothes.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Feb 24, 2008, 05:22 PM
    Sweetie, it's not good to save the left-over hair coloring mixture for the next day. When you use a hair coloring product, you have to apply it to the hair immediately-and then toss the left-over portion out.
    Vision Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 06:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyLady
    Sweetie, it's not good to save the left-over hair coloring mixture for the next day. When you use a hair coloring product, you have to apply it to the hair immediately-and then toss the left-over portion out.
    Why?
    -

Feb 24, 2008, 06:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    Why?

You should always dispose of any left-over hair coloring application because it will lose it's potency and the ability to work, among other problems.
    Vision Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 07:01 PM
    What are the other problems? I actually asked someone that works at Regis and she said that it should be fine.
    -

Feb 24, 2008, 07:13 PM
    No, it's not good to save or store left-over hair coloring applications for the next day. Besides losing it's potency, it could turn your hair a funny color or even burst from its applicator.
    Vision Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 07:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyLady
    No, it's not good to save or store left-over hair coloring applications for the next day. Besides, losing it's potency, it could turn your hair a funny color or even burst from it's applicator.
    It's not in an applicator, it's in a tub. It's highlighting dye. And I fully intend to do a test piece of hair, just as I do whenever I dye my hair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get rid of hair dye/keeping hair dye from fading [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I have kind of a problem and no one knows what to do, especially me! I have beautiful dark dark brown hair. I don't know why, but I let someone highlight my hair blonde about 2 years ago. They turned orange, so I dyed my hair dark brown again to get my color back and I was happy. Within a...

Can I use a medium brown permanent hair dye over adark brown permanent hair dye? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I really need some advice about 3 weeks ago I dyed my hair dark brown permanent, my hair colour is naturally dark brown but now my hair is black and really making me look very hard and pale. Am I able to buy a permanent medium brown hair dye to lighten it up? I have read your site and see...

How do I tone down or remove a semi permanent red hair dye over bleach blonde hair? [ 3 Answers ]

I am at my wits end! I had my hair professionally frosted about two months ago. I like the blonde, with my dark hair roots, but I wanted to add some red low lights with the blonde streaking throughout. However, I did not get the results I wanted. Now I have dark roots, and a multi blonde/red...

Is it safe to have 3 lots of hair dye in 1month to try and rectify hair disaster? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I posted yesterday, with no replies yet. Basically. I have got long hair which is dark brown (dyed) base and I had bleached blonde panels. I then wanted the panels red which my colourist did and it looiked great but after just 1 wash all the red had practically gone and I was left with...

Permanent hair dye black- dye it back to light brown? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I have naturally light/medium brown hair. I wanted to try going blonde, so I went and got some permanent blonde hair dye. I dyed it once and it was an awful reddish blonde color, and I could tell the light color wasn't helping compliment my face at all. So I returned the rest of the blonde...

View more questions Search