Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jillnunez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 07:38 PM
    My landlord does not give good heat.
    My landlord raised my rent the first year I moved here 100 dollars. This year he raised me another 50, but the heat is not good. This apartment is brand new. He wants me to buy plastic for my windows but I don't think I should have to do that with a brand new apartment and he is telling me he will hire the heat more but he will also increase my rent more every year. Can he legally do this ? My windows in the front are brand new storm windows my windows in the back are not new. The front of the apartment is warm but the back is very cold my kids are always sick is there any way I can get him to change the windows?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2008, 07:42 PM
    It might not be the windows. Often one side of the house is colder than the rest for whatever reason. I rent and I buy plastic and cover the windows.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2008, 07:52 PM
    Heck, I don't rent but would still think about getting the plastic to insulate the windows if the weather was bad enough. Heavy drapes can help, too.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 23, 2008, 07:56 PM
    Yep, I have put plastic on my windows for years, many home owners and a lot of renters do it, So if your kids are cold, why are you not buying some plastic and putting it on the windows, you have to have some responsility to take care of yourself at times.

And yes, they can keep raising your rent, and you also can move and look for another place to live it if it too high and not warm.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does my roommate have to give me/landlord 30Days Notice if he's not on the Agreement? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I need a little help answering this one. My roommate has been here 4 months, he filled out an application with the landlord when he moved in to make him official here. But we never signed a new Rental agreement together. Today is 12/24/07, and he just told me he's moving out 12/31/07, which...

They all tell me he's no good, but should I give him a chance? [ 2 Answers ]

Ive just come out of a relationship (2 weeks ago) and the guy I work with has taken an interest in me. He has a bit of a reputation for sleeping around in the past, but he's a very caring person from what I know of him so far. He said to me that he wanted to take things slowly because I've just...

Tenant give landlord 30-day notice, then doesn't move.Now what? [ 2 Answers ]

Tenant in California, gives landlord a 30-day notice to move. Now 30-days is up, tenant is current on rent, but is not moving. Can the landlord file an unlawful detainer using the TENANT's 30-day notice and it will hold up? Or does landlord have to serve their own 30-day (or 3-day notice if...

Landlord Refusing to Give us Copy of Lease [ 5 Answers ]

I'm going to live in a house in New Brunswick, NJ with a couple of other people and we all signed the lease. Some of us paid for our security deposit and rent already, but some of the others us didn't. The landlord is refusing to give us a copy of the lease until more of us pay, although we're...

View more questions Search