Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kiddsson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 02:25 PM
    Honey Programmable thermostat
    I recently installed a Honeywell RTH230B thermostat, however the AC unit outside will not come on.

The thermostat has a color coded wiring scheme. RH, RC, W, Y, G. I have the RH & RC jumpered. RH/RC has a red wire, w=white, y=blue, g=green. I initially had the y=yellow, but the outside unit would not come on while the heat is running. This unit is a heat pump and it should be running while the heat is on. The outside unit is a Ducane. My unused wires are yellow and orange. Could someone please provide with the proper wiring scheme for my heatpump ac combo unit?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 23, 2008, 05:08 PM
    This unit is a heat pump and it should be running while the heat is on.

The thermostat you have will not work on two stage heating. It is designed for gas/oil/single stage electric only. Get a heat pump thermostat. Look in the manual that came with the thermostat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing Analog Thermostat with Non-Programmable Digital Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Replacing Analog thermostat with White, Yellow, Red, & Black wiring with non-programmable digital thermostat Model #RTH3100C. Please help!!

Change old honey with new thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Yes: I have a two stage hear pump and I finally got a two stage thermostat model # rth7400. the old wires were ( y=yellow g=green 0=orange r=red w2=white and x=gray ) the new 7400 connection are C G Y O/B Rc R Aux E I have tried (yellow to y) ( green to g) ( orange to o/b) ( r to...

Programmable thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I have bought a house with a Hunter Programmable thermostat model #47250 (not #47250A) and need help to program it. Anyone have the instructions?

Programmable Thermostat [ 5 Answers ]

Hello guys... I have 2 programmable thermostat in my hand, one is Noma (Canadian Tire) and the other is RiteTemp (Home Depot), and my wife and I have a split decision on which one to use. I just want to ask some experts here or some people who have used the Noma Programmable Thermostat some...

View more questions Search