Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moix4 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 02:06 PM
    NYC Non-resident income tax
    I live in Suffolk County NY, but my employer is located in NYC. Is there a non-resident income tax that should be taken from my pay?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 25, 2008, 07:54 AM
    No - only residents of NYC pay NYC income tax. Non-resident workers do not pay NYC income tax.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to file tax returns (working in NYC and a resident of NJ) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I started working in NY from Nov 19 2007. Now I heard that I'll get back all my tax I paid from Nov19th to Dec31st 2007. I'm filing as a married-joint. My wife is a dependent on me. When I tried to file through IRS Tax Preparation & E-File Tax Extension Forms Online - U.S. TaxCenter, I...

NYC resident for tax purpose or not? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I entered the U.S. in July 2005 and just graduated with my MBA in May 2007. I am now here on F-1 Visa status. I am working with a company in NYC. I also live in NYC. Would I be considered as a NYC resident for tax purposes? Am I getting NYC taxed on salary and bonus? Thank you so much...

NJ resident, working in NYC, tax filing needed for NY? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: I am a NJ resident. I worked in NYC for the first four months of 2006, and have received a W-2 from that employer. Do I need to file any kind of NYC state or local tax form in addition to my federal and NJ forms? Thank you! Tony Donato

NJ Resident - NYC job - Tax calc [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am currently split on 2 opportunities that I have in hand and need to make a decision. One is a job in NYC and the other a job in NJ. I am considering all aspects of the jobs, but need to make APPLES to APPLES comparison in Dollar terms. I need to calculate the tax I would pay...

NJ resident work in NYC - need help for filing estimate tax [ 1 Answers ]

I am a resident of New Jersey and work in New York City. I have some realized capital gain from stock trading. Where should I file state estimate tax? To NYC or NJ ? I also have some income from NJ in the first 3 months in 2005. Can I file my estimate tax to NJ to avoid higher rate in NY...

View more questions Search