Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    solocaballosol Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 02:06 AM
    Returning a car
    Hi,I purchased a used car about two weeks ago, on Tuesday I received a letter from the dealear, asking me to return the car because they couldn't find any bank to finance me, do I have to pay anything when returning the car? And does the dealer has to refund my down payment immediately?
    Thanks I'll appreciate your answers

>Moved from Forum Help<
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 23, 2008, 07:44 AM
    A lot will depend on what the dealer said. Most likely they shouldn't charge you since it was their decision to release the car to you without financing finalized. But they may withhold the equivalent of a 2 week rental.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2008, 07:48 AM
    Hello solo:

If there are provisions in your contract for a rental in lieu of getting financed, then they can charge you a rental fee. However, if there isn't one, they can't create an agreement where there wasn't one.

excon
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2008, 07:52 AM
    This sounds like a rather irregular situation. How did you manage to get possession of the car without financing? I'd contact your local Consumer Affairs Division or similar agency and find out exactly what your rights are in this matter before returning anything.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 23, 2008, 08:28 AM
    Yes, I would look at the paper work that signed, I can't believe they let you off the lot without having a loan in place.

It sounds like they did a inhouse loan paper work expecting to sell the loan to another company. ( just a guess) I am not sure you have to return it, but they may be bound by the paper work you signed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The returning ex [ 7 Answers ]

Well, so I had this ex boyfriend who basically crushed my heart, and got a new girlfriend. However, she left him about 2 months ago, and he was depressed over her for some time, but now he seems fine. Recently, we decided to become friends and I let go of my grudge. But also he calls and texts me...

Returning something important [ 15 Answers ]

Hi my friends. Just wanted some of your valued advice on a situation I find myself in. Whilst doing some much needed cleaning of my cupboard over the weekend I come across something that belongs to my ex. Well many things actually. Most of them aren't important things and I won't even bother...

Returning to ex-wife? [ 5 Answers ]

How much control do ex-wives have over ex-husbands? I met a really nice guy; spent most of the last 2 weeks at his house. He has been divorced 14 months. Now the ex-wife has showed up, pitched a big fit (crying, making him feel guilty and threatening to kill herself) and he is staying at her...

Returning parent! [ 4 Answers ]

My son is 16 and has never had any contact with his biological father. The other day his father came into the place where I work, big shock, and started asking after his son. He was with his new family, girlfriend and daughter, and it was a chance meeting. He asked for my telephone number and I...

Returning mail [ 15 Answers ]

Hello, I had a very abbusive and controlling child hood. As an adult I've decided to exclude my parents from my life. I did seek councling for this at one time. And this was really the best path for me to take. Recently my parents are trying to fight for grandparent rights. I do have...

View more questions Search