Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    growe Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2008, 02:01 AM
    WP2000 invalid code page specified
    I am using Corel WP 2000 document. Recently, when trying to cut-and-paste text from a saved document, I get a small window that pops up multiple times saying
    Invalid Code Page Specified.
    I had the doc password protected so I took that feature off. Same problem.
    Tried to save the doc as a Word doc or a text doc, same problem.
    Any help appreciated.
    Thank you.
    xphelper Posts: 220, Reputation: 29

Feb 22, 2008, 08:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by growe
    I am using Corel WP 2000 document. Recently, when trying to cut-and-paste text from a saved document, I get a small window that pops up multiple times saying
    Invalid Code Page Specified.
    I had the doc password protected so I took that feature off. Same problem.
    Tried to save the doc as a Word doc or a text doc, same problem.
    Any help appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Hello,

Does this only happen when attempting to cut-and-paste using Corel WP 2000 or does the same thing happen when using Notepad on a plain text file. Also, are you using keyboard shortcuts and have you tried a menu command at the top (ie, edit > cut > paste)?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2008, 08:09 AM
    Is it possible that you were copying from text that is in a different language or using a unusual font?

Feb 23, 2008, 01:20 AM
    I am using Comic Sans MS - and I just realized that I CAN cut-and-paste to another WP doc but cannot do so to Notepad, email or Word. Nor can I save it as a Word doc so that I could then cut-and-paste info to another source. THis is the case with all the docs that I currently have in WP. Have tried using right mouse, keyboard shortcuts and drop down menu. Very important info in this particular doc I need to use elsewhere so any more suggestions appreciated.

The font response above might be something to pursue further. A few months ago, I installed a Thai font so that I can send and receive email in Thai. And since then, I have noticed every once in a while - very rare - a thai character shows up in the middle of something I'm working on. I hate to do it but maybe I should try uninstalling that font and see if that's part of the problem. Although there's no reason why some new font resting un-used in font folder should affect other stuff. Is there?
    xphelper Posts: 220, Reputation: 29

Feb 23, 2008, 05:40 AM
    Just try uninstalling that Thai font first, then reboot and test to make sure it wasn't causing any problems. Let us know the results.

Feb 28, 2008, 07:14 AM
    I am currently traveling but will be home, back in the states soon, and will try uninstalling this font. Thanks for your comments - will get back to you later with results or new question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Odd Page Code [ 3 Answers ]

When I view the source of BookingApple.com, all I get is this: <!-- BOF: ./personal-templates/show.body --> <!-- BOF: ./personal-templates/simple/generic/show --> <!-- BOF: ./personal-templates/simple/generic/functions --> <!-- BOF: ./personal-templates/simple/generic/navbar --><!-- EOF:...

Inserting html code in golive 5 web page [ 2 Answers ]

I am building a web site that guides browsers to specific products offered on other companies web sites. From my site a visitor would click on an affiliate link to go to a product. Question: How can I insert affiliate html code into my web page for each product without it looking screwy? I am...

OE invalid page fault persisting [ 4 Answers ]

Hello All, I'm using Windows 98. Recently, I'm experiencing an error message that reads as follows when I try to open Outlook Express: MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module MLANG.DLL at 0167:70456072. Registers: EAX=00000000 CS=0167 EIP=70456072 EFLGS=00010246 EBX=88ea7000 SS=016f...

View more questions Search