Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imadummy33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2008, 02:31 PM
    School Uniforms
    Should unforms be worn in school or should students be able to wear andthing they want?:confused:
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 02:33 PM
    Just write your paper and give your own opinions, everyone I've ever met had to write an essay about this in like grade 8.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 02:37 PM
    I think all schools should make kids wear uniforms. I remember when I was In high school If you didn't have on POLO, Perry Ellis, DKNY and A Pair of Jordan's you would get made fun of. It's not right some families can't afford to buy that stuff so the kids go to school without it and get picked on for wearing no name stuff. With a uniform everyone would wear the same thing and then no one can get picked on for what they are wearing.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 02:43 PM
    Well I've never met you so that's a straw man argument. It was a general comment and this is almost certainly a homework assignment.

The terms of use on this site are that we don't do homework for you.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 02:45 PM
    Love school uniforms... love love love.

Not sure if they can "make", but boy it sure is a huge benefit.

Takes the focus off Gucci and back on learning :)

Love school uniforms. Love love love.

I wish our office had them.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Feb 19, 2008, 02:50 PM
    I went to a private middle school with school uniforms, and then to a public school w/o uniforms for high school. Personally, I liked the uniforms. I couldn't afford to buy expensive clothes, and the uniforms made me feel more comfortable. That way it wasn't about how much your clothes cost; it was just about learning. Yes, there were still cliques like always, but it was nice to not get teased about what I was wearing at least. Sometimes it was kind of nice not to have to wear them in high school. But overall, I think school uniforms are a good idea.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 05:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by imadummy33
    Should unforms be worn in school or should students be able to wear andthing thay want?:confused:
    I think it's a terrible idea; isn't that what Hitler did? I think freedom is more than a breath of fresh air every morning.
    terellowens Posts: 123, Reputation: 9

Feb 19, 2008, 07:19 PM
    Go to a Private School forced to wear the most disgusting Uniform the world has scene its so posh its embarrassing!

I'm all for home clothes over uniform we get 3 days of the year where we can wear our homeclothes and we get charged £10 LOL they claim they give it all to ''Charity''
    Wangdoodle Posts: 217, Reputation: 50

Feb 19, 2008, 09:05 PM
    I like the idea of uniforms over "anything they want." The anything they want opens the door for too much immodesty. Kids have a hard enough time concentrating on the school work as it is.

I have two girls in private school. It's nice not worrying about "what will I wear to day?" And yes they can still express themselves though their cloths out side of school. Although my kids are a bit young for that now.
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 09:15 PM
    Depends on the situation. What are the reasons behind the decision and what would the school hope to achieve with a policy either way? There are as many reasons for uniforms as there are against them. Given a particular situation, one solution might be more appropriate than another.

I've personally seen school uniform policies used to thwart gang activities as well as encourage individuality.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2008, 10:36 PM
    I vote for the school uniforms. It eliminates all the guess work, takes away the arguments over buying Gap verus Calvin Klein over the next thing that is in. What kids wear after school, that is between the parents and them. Also, for uniforms, there is no obvious line drawn between the income status of the family. Uniforms do not eliminate all the drama but it does eliminate the worry about proper attire, modesty, etc.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2008, 04:16 PM
    I knock down every excuse they give for why kids should wear uniforms to school
    I had to do that for my kids for a year and it was a nightmare and cost me an arm and a leg because the uniforms got stained and it was too noticeable. They out grew them within a few months and I had to replace them again. I can buy 10 times more outfits at the price of one uniform.

Should they wear ANYTHING they want? NO
    I believe there should be a simple dress code like
    No pants worn below the butt.
    No daisy dukes.
    No belly shirts, tank tops, halter tops.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

School Uniforms [ 4 Answers ]

Are School Uniforms Necessary?

School uniforms [ 1 Answers ]

I'm research a topic and would like to generate a bunch of arguments for data collection. Policy: Students in public, K-12 schools must wear school uniforms. Background: - Uniforms are uniquely designed for each school. (Think Japan) - Students must purchase their uniform from the school....

School uniforms [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter goes to a private elementary school, I'm pretty sure that I cannot deduct the cost of her tuition. But Does Anyone Know If I Can Deduct The Cost Of Her Uniforms. They Are Required. We Are Doing Our Taxes Ourselves And We Need Help.

School uniforms [ 4 Answers ]

Do you believe that school uniforms should be aloud in schools? If so why I feel that it's a waste of parents money?

School uniforms [ 4 Answers ]

Uniforms should be abolished. I have to writa debate in the favour of the motion. Please tell me more about "why uniforms should be abolished?":) :)

View more questions Search