Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Adam 12123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2008, 12:15 PM
    1992 Honda Accord Fuel Pump working off and on
    My car will start sometimes but when it does it only runs for like three minutes. It doesn't studder out it just cuts out. Then I found out when I crank the key the fule pumps but when the key goes back to the run position the fuel pump stops pumping. I changed the fuel filter and that didn't work. What could be the problem
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2008, 02:37 PM
    Consider replacing the main relay, which is located under dash, left of steering column (hidden by silver cruise control box, which needs to be removed). Also, be sure to perform the K-Test on the ECM:

The K-Test: Remove the MAP Sensor connector and turn the ignition switch to ON (not start). Using a multimeter, check for 5 volts going between the MAP Sensor connector's reference wire (+) and ground. As you look at the connector, this is the socket on the right. Really press the black test lead into a cleaned main ECM ground on the thermostat housing. If the voltage is low, it's probably indicating ECM failure. Most failed ECMs will record a fraction of a volt. To me, the K-Test is simple, elegant, and accurate.

The ECM controls grounding to the main relay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1992 honda accord. Wheres the fuel pump relay [ 7 Answers ]

I need to know where the fuel pump relay is for my 1992 honda accord

1992 honda accord fuel problem [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 1992 honda accord which used to get 350+ miles to a tank, 16 gallon tank. Now, it gets only a little over 100 miles to a tank. What could possibly be the problem here? I have never had any work done to the fuel system. Thank you!

Honda accord fuel pump replacement 1992 [ 1 Answers ]

Where is the fuel pump located for replacement on a honda accord lx?

Where is the fuse or relay for the fuel pump on a 1992 honda accord lx [ 2 Answers ]

Where is the fuse or relay for the fuel pump on a 1992 honda accord lx

How do I test the fuel pump on a 1992 honda accord? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I test the fuel pump on a 1992 honda accord? On other models there is a way to short the pump at the relay and you can tell if the fuel pump is working or not. Is there a way to do this on the 1992 honda accord lx?

View more questions Search