Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Malakim Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2008, 11:06 PM
    Random Peeing
    Hiya I'm 20 male.

For about a year now I've been peeing at really random times and for odd lengths of time. Sometimes I would go to the bathroom and only pee a drizzle or sometimes I would have to get up in the middle of the night to go (usually I pee longest then).

Sometimes when I wake up my lower abdomen feels so hard its like I'm wearing armor, until I pee then everythings back to normal...

There's more, the color of the urine changes all the time, from clear, pale yellow to dark yellow.

The doc just before xmas said I have Jaundice something called Gilberts Disease? Although he never actually tested me he only said that cause whites of my eyes are yellow.

I also have some on and off abdominal discomfort, changes in bowel shapes and I've now lost 6 pounds within a week (now weigh 9 stone 1 pound) :confused: I allways eat my dinner, alhough I have a hunch I need to eat more during the day (money issue, haha) only 2 meals and then snacks a day.

Any help/advice would be awesome.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2008, 11:11 PM
    Whites of the eyes yellow indicates your liver is not doing so hot. As far as your urine changing color, it has to do with your water intake.

As far as your peeing schedule, you may want to try and drink liquids in the evening around dinnertime (enough that you'll be hydrated) and then not drink anything before sleeping. Urinate right before going to bed.

As far as your abdomen feeling hard pre-urinating, I'm not so sure of this. I would have jumped on ischuria (retention of urine)... so do have your kidneys checked as well.

Does it hurt/burn when you pee?
    Malakim Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2008, 11:19 PM
    I will sure go for a second opinion on the jaundice thing.

Nah it doesn't hurt or burn when I pee, I pee around 5 times average a day (but only a drizzle) I wouldn't call it normal.

Is it best to drink just plain fresh water over milk or fruit juices?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2008, 11:23 PM
    Just plain water will hydrate you the best.

Not everyone who has "yellow" whites in their eyes are jaundiced. Some people just naturally have higher bilirubin content in their blood (the stuff that makes your whites a bit yellowish).

A simple blood test will show your bilirubin content and your doctor should be able to let you know if there's a problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Random [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, I've just finished year 12 in australia (a couple of days ago actually) And I've always wondered about american high school... I hear on TV and what not about "softmore's" and "freshmans" What do these terms mean? And are there any more?

Random 10? [ 3 Answers ]

A building hoist lifts ten 50 kg bags of cement through a vertical distance of 30 m to the top of a high rise building. Calculate the work done by the hoist, assuming the acceleration due to gravity to be 9.81 m/s2. Work done = Force x Distance moved (J) but Force = Mass x Acceleration (N) ...

Random Pill [ 8 Answers ]

My friends put a pill they found on the table at a restaurant into my meal and forgot to take it out. It was very small, and it said A on the front and 01 on the back. It was a light pink, kind of like pepto bismol. Anyway, 3 hours later I'm still fine. My head hurts a little though, probably from...

Random Errors [ 1 Answers ]

SO I bought new parts to build a new computer, get an Gigabyte M55SLI-S4, Kingston Dual Channel DD2 800 ram, AMD 64 X2 4800, and an ATI Radeon X1600pro, Maxtor SATA HDD, so I start setting up windows, start formating the HDD, and when it starts to install it gives me random error, like ACPI.SYS...

Random Peeing in House! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi again, Yet another puzzling phenomenon produced by Barkley... our one year old lab mix from the shelter. Here's the story... He has NEVER gone to the bathroom in the house, except for the very first night we had him when he whined at my bedside to go out, and I ignored him, so he...

View more questions Search