Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shesinlove Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2008, 08:42 PM
    Drop out.
    So I am planing to drop out of high school. But in like 10 or I might just drop out as soon as I turn 18 and work for a ged
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 08:55 PM
    Not up on the law there, actually you may not be able to just "drop" out.
    And esp you can't unless your dad and mom will be OK with it.

But why, your chances of getting a good job with a high school degree is still poor. But with none, there is no future for most.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 09:04 PM
    You're already halfway finished. Finish high school. Love may not last forever, but a high school diploma will be worth its weight in gold between bfs.

Feb 17, 2008, 09:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    You're already halfway finished. Finish high school. Love may not last forever, but a high school diploma will be worth its weight in gold between bfs.

That's not why I'm going to drop out but thanks for answering anyway.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 09:12 PM
    Please tell us why you are dropping out.

Feb 17, 2008, 09:17 PM
    `school isn't for me,and I think it's a waste of time if I do drop out I will get a job.. and look into getting a ged at least I won't be stuck in there.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 09:19 PM
    I know in GA, the legal age is 16, I think it's like that in other states too.
    But why in the world would you drop out? Better yet why would your parents approve of your dropping out?
    Sorry but I think your making a decision that your going to really regret later. You need a diploma to do almost anything that pays over $7 an hour... and that is not near enough to support a family, heck it's hardly enough to support one person in some places. A diploma simply shows that you're able to complete things.

Just think real hard about what your doing before you do it.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Feb 17, 2008, 09:21 PM
    School is for everyone, it is not a waste of time.
    Im 16, and I'm in year 12, and if I can do it, anyone can.
    Your entire future rests on school.
    Go all the way, do your year 12, and go to uni or some other higher education, you will be thankful you did later on.
    Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 09:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shesinlove
    `school isnt for me,and i think its a waste of time if i do drop out i will get a job..and look into getting a ged atleast i wont be stuck in there.
    Sorry but, that's a dumb reason. If it were a waste of time, why would it be required for the entierty of the American population? School isn't for you... what your failing math or something? Really don't be stupid.
    I'll probably get some bad ratings for this BUT... Get your head out of your but and work for something! People don't just give things to you, you have to earn them. The last thing this country needs is another drop out. The last thing YOU need/want is to be a cook at mcDonalds for the rest of your life, or working a double shift at K-mart just to pay your rent. "Blue light special at the aisle of bad decisions!"

Feb 17, 2008, 09:33 PM
    I do work for something honestly wow big smack in the face... im not less of a person just because I don't want to stay in high school... I don't have less of a heart and I'm not perfect.. I don't have to have money to be happy so if I plan to do this its my struggle... also I know people don't just give you things... and you got to earn them.
    Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 09:45 PM
    i do work for something honestly wow big smack in the face...im not less of a person just because i dont want to stay in highschool...i dont have less of a heart and im not perfect..i dont have to have moeny to be happy so if i plan to do this its my struggle....also i know people dont just give you things...and you gotta earn them.
    What do you work for? Your 16 for crying out loud! How much can you earn? Have you ever even had a real job?
    Someone needs to be brutally honest! Sorry but, since I'm online and you don't know me and probably never will I figured I'd be the one to give you the reality check. The truth is many employers look down on HS drop outs. I know you're a person, you have feelings, and I'm sorry. But, I also think you're too immature to really make a decision like that, you have no idea what kind of hole your digging for yourself.
    Curiosity here... What do your parents say about all of this?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 09:46 PM
    How much are you earning per hour? Doing what? For how many hours a day?

No one said you are less of a person if you drop out. I deal with teen court-ordered community service workers who want to drop out. Part of my job is to show them how much more valuable they will be to society and especially to themselves if they graduate from high school.

No, you don't need money to be happy, but you will need it to pay the rent, the grocery bill, for a car and insurance and maintenance and GAS which is horribly expensive, and copay if you need medical care IF you have insurance through your job.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2008, 09:57 PM
    Getting through high school is like jumping through a stupid hoop. Sometimes the hoop looks like it's on fire. Trouble is, this is one of the first hoops put before you. There are more to come, many more.

Have you watched the movie "The Two Brothers"? At the end, both brothers jump through fire to safety. If one had not endured the pain of learning to jump, they both could have died.

If you want to drop out, you will. Do yourself a huge favor and decide with your parent's knowledge and the complete absence of drugs in your body and brain.

Feb 17, 2008, 10:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gernald
    What do you work for? Your 16 for crying out loud! How much can you earn? Have you ever even had a real job?
    Someone needs to be brutally honest! Sorry but, since I'm online and you don't know me and probably never will I figured I'd be the one to give you the reality check. The truth is many employers look down on HS drop outs. I know your a person, you have feelings, and I'm sorry. But, I also think you're too immature to really make a decision like that, you have no idea what kind of hole your digging for yourself.
    Curiosity here...What do your parents say about all of this?

I'm not 16 yet... I was just planning adhead for once in my life okay!

Feb 17, 2008, 10:01 PM
    im not 16 yet....i was just planning adhead for once in my life okay!!

Also I only live wit my dad... for you information
    Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 10:07 PM
    im not 16 yet....i was just planning adhead for once in my life okay!!
    Some future.

OKAY... not parents, dad... And is your dad okay with you dropping out? Or is he "fully supportive?"

Don't get mad at us. You asked for our help, not vice versa. You wanted the truth and you got it, now face it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 10:08 PM
    So you're a sophomore? Freshman?

if I do drop out I will get a job
    How do you plan to earn money after you drop out?

Feb 17, 2008, 10:09 PM
    Dang you being harsh you know I took that... I talked to my dad he said if I got a job and helped out.. basically he didn't say anything.. because he knows its my choice.. but honestly I know he doesn't want me to...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 10:12 PM
    i talked to my dad:
    1. he said if i got a job and helped out
    2. basically he didnt say anything..because he knows its my choice
    3. but honestly i know he doesnt want me to....
    Which is it? 1, 2, or 3?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 10:15 PM
    I just saw an answer you gave to someone whose heart has been broken. Your answer was very empathetic and understanding, just what she needs to hear. I bet you would be a dynamite counselor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Voltage drop [ 1 Answers ]

The Voltage will drop after 150 meter wire ,how to sole the problem . Thanks to all

Drop Out [ 11 Answers ]

My question is to all you kids in the world I'm 16 yrs old and dropped out of school if you have dropped out then you will understand the question I feel you only understand if you have experienced it OK well I didn't do good in school grades were good but me and teachers were not I'm not so good...

9-8 drop? [ 1 Answers ]

Please let me know if there is something called a 9 8 drop in plumbing .it has something to do with the drainage system in kitchens and bathrooms.

Voltage drop [ 2 Answers ]

How far can you run an electrical cord, that is plugged into a 20 amp circuit, and still run a circular saw? If the saw starts slowly, will that harm the saw?

Drop down [ 2 Answers ]

I know I have done this before, And I can't remember how I did it. I would like to eliminate the search history, from the search field when I start to type something it gives a drop down of previous searches. I do not want it to do this- how can I change it?

View more questions Search