Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PrincessDee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2008, 12:34 PM
    Being Bonded
    My boss's husband says that all three of the employees of her tanning salon need to be bonded or the insurance is going to drop them. What is being bonded mean and will a insurance company really drop you because your employees are not bonded? I've been working since I was 17 yrs old and have never been bonded. I've worked in places where I was responsible for $20,000 worth of equipment and six employee all in my car at once for twelve hours a day six days a week. They never bonded me. I think he is lying to me but I don't want to lose my job, I love it. Please explain this to me.:confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 16, 2008, 12:58 PM
    Unless you have committed some seroius crimes you should be able to be bonded. It has more to do with you dealing with other peoples money and property.
    moix4 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 02:39 PM
    The issue may involve whether your husband & the other employees are what are considered "independent contractors". If they are, then they would not be considered employees & then any injury or damage that they may cause while in the course of their employment would not be covered under the tanning salon's insurance policy. The insurance company is trying to reduce the risk of exposure under their policy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whether becoming bonded is necessary [ 1 Answers ]

Is it necessary to become bonded if I want to start a dog-walking business on a small scale? If so, how do I become bonded and under what category?

Being Bonded [ 2 Answers ]

What are the price ranges for having a business bonded?

Being bonded [ 2 Answers ]

I worked at a credit union 3 years ago and the agency that bonded me for them said I was not able to be bonded by them anymore after bouncing some checks. That credit union closed and I left. Now I am applying for a job at a bank, will I be able to be bonded again? This is in New York state.

Do I need to be Bonded? [ 3 Answers ]

I’m starting a Dog Walking Service in my neighborhood. I currently walk 5 dogs daily 2 times a day for a few people on my block for free. I have been doing this for about 6 months. Do I need to get bonded in order to expand my service to my entire development and charge money? I do have keys to my...

How to get bonded [ 5 Answers ]

I am wondering if anyone knows what kind of bond I would need to get in order to work with private info. From other people. Ie: talking to banks for them, mortgage lenders etc. I want to be bonded to show I am trustworthy and reputable, but unsure of what kind of bond this would be or where to...

View more questions Search