Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    staci209 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2008, 04:50 PM
    Did I make a mistake.
    OK I met this guy through my mother. My mother and his mother actually. Well he had a girlfriend at the time. I found out he broke up with his girlfriend or so I thought. I was really scared to contact him because our families know each other. I was scared he might say something or it would get around. SO I started sending him ecards without telling him who I was. This was going on for about a week. He found out who it was and is upset with me. He doesn't understand why I just didn't contact him. I know I was wrong I was just scared and afraid to be hurt. I wanted to find out if he really broke up with his girlfriend before I told him who I was. I had a bad experience and wasn't in the mood for another heart break. I really like this guy. HOw can I make him understand that I really like him and wasn't trying to trick him or anything...
    inla_bomber Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Feb 15, 2008, 05:42 PM
    It's Saint Valentine's Day! Who wouldn't want to have a secret admirer? I'd use that angle to your advantage.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Feb 15, 2008, 05:51 PM
    I would just be really honest with him. Tell him that you liked him but you didn't want to put your foot in your mouth, so you tried to find out if he was single first because you didn't want to offend anyone, especially since your families know each other. I think honesty is your best policy here. Explain that you were just trying to keep from looking silly if it turned out he had a girlfriend.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 15, 2008, 06:14 PM
    Tell him, as you have told us, and if he can deal with the truth, your in.
    iknowitall Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Feb 15, 2008, 06:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by staci209
    ok I met this guy through my mother. My mother and his mother actually. Well he had a girlfriend at the time. I found out he broke up with his girlfriend or so I thought. I was really scared to contact him because our families know each other. I was scared he might say something or it would get around. SO I started sending him ecards without telling him who I was. This was going on for about a week. He found out who it was and is upset with me. He doesn't understand why I just didn't contact him. I know I was wrong I was just scared and afraid to be hurt. I wanted to find out if he really broke up with his girlfriend before I told him who I was. I had a bad experience and wasn't in the mood for another heart break. I really like this guy. HOw can I make him understand that I really like him and wasn't trying to trick him or anything...
    If he like you he would have been happy that it was you. Leave him alone. IF he does give you a chance, you will be on the rebound and you deserve better

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Did I make a mistake? [ 13 Answers ]

FLASHBACK: About half a year ago, I liked this guy ("the guy") and my friend ("the girl") offered to help me shoo all the girls away from him for me and she ended up shooing me as well. I felt betrayed by her. I eventually told him I liked him but he rejected me. He said he apologizes if he did...

Did I make a mistake? [ 5 Answers ]

I called this guy who I really want to be with and told him I needed to talk to him first before making a decision. I told him that I thought everybody deserves a second chance and I am sorry for breaking up with him. Then, I asked if he was done with me. He never calls me. I always call him...

DId I make a mistake? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. Well I don't know how to start this My parents have been married for almost 25 years. They have had there ups and downs in there marrige. My mother lives in Manitoba with her business while my dad has his in Alberta. Although they are still married. My dad has had a history of being...

Did I make a mistake? [ 2 Answers ]

I used CPVC glue (otey gold) to glue a pvc trap together. Do I have to cut out and re-build the trap with PVC glue?

View more questions Search