Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nj diy gal Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2008, 05:28 PM
    Venting a bathroom
    When installing a ceiling vent/fan in a bathroom, what would be required by code (NJ). Can it be flex vented into an attic towards a soffit or must it be out the wall or roof?
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 07:34 PM
    Codes are different for each area. Its easy to call your local code office to find out but I bet the say vent to the out side.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Venting a new Bathroom [ 6 Answers ]

I am in the process of installing a full bathroom in my basement. The basement is not roughed in so I have to break up the floor slab first. My question is about drain/venting. I have attached my floor plan, I need to know where I should place my vent? Or vents? Can I place a single vent in...

Exhaust Venting a new bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

I am adding a new bathroom where an old bedroom used to be on the first floor of a two-story house w/ attic. The bathroom does not share an exterior wall; it is separated from the exterior by a room. I am having difficulty finding a pathway to install the ducting from the fan through to the attic...

No venting in downstairs bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a condo that is thirty years old. I'm having the downstairs bathroom reno'd as we had a massive roof leak. During the reno's the plumbers reported that my bathroom wasn't up to code as there was no venting. How much of a problem is this? What can I do and what sorts of problems can...

Venting a basement bathroom [ 7 Answers ]

I have a rough in for a full bath in my basement. House was built in 2000 in Pa. Two story colonial. I can locate two vents from the 1st floor bath. One 2" vent right of the WC drain and one 1.5" off the shower on the first floor. There is a 2nd floor bath over the first. I can hear the 2nd...

View more questions Search