Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bailey52 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Feb 13, 2008, 08:12 AM
    14 gauge direct burial wire
    I was wondering if I can use direct burial 14 gauge wire from my garage about 10 feet to a new gfci outlet which I will drill through the brick to be on the outside of the wall of the garage to the outside? The garage has no drywall just going to run it through the studs
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2008, 08:31 AM
    Sure, just be careful the cable, like any cable, is not subjected to any physical damage inside the garage.

#14 is only good for 15 amps, so be sure the circuit is portected by a 15 amp breaker max.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wire service, wire gauge 100 amp [ 9 Answers ]

I'm installing a 100 amp service in the backyard with a separate meter on a pole next to sub-suface power tranasformer. I have a 100 amp meter box on one side of the pole and a 100 amp braker panel with a 100 amp main breaker on the other side. I'm going to place in it a 15-20 amp breaker for gfi...

Direct burial electrical cable [ 10 Answers ]

I'm running power to a shed / barn. NOT in the city, so code is not a problem, but I DO have an NEC book. I need to go 300' -- and want to use best cost effective. 240v not needed, but I was considering 2/2/2 aluminum anyway. Question: Is SEU rated... or at least acceptable.. for direct...

Wire Gauge? [ 7 Answers ]

I've been looking for 2 days for an online wire gauge calculator. I'm going to relocate my meter to the side of my house (converting from overhead to underground service), then I'm going to remove the existing electrical panel (from the outside of the house) and install a breaker panel on the...

Connecting 14 gauge wire and 12 gauge wires in the same blue box. [ 2 Answers ]

I am wiring my basement. All the outlets are running off 2 independent 20 amp circuit breakers connected to each other by 12/2 wire. I wanted to run some stubs off my 12/2 outlets. All each stub would do is run to a small light (max 180 watts) and of course a light switch. Since I ran out...

Direct Burial Electrical Cable [ 1 Answers ]

I am planning on running an underground electrical cable to my garage. I plan on placing a 100 apm panel in the garage and run from my house main electrical feed. What kind of wire do I need to do the job?

View more questions Search