Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rcardew Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2008, 12:26 PM
    Alcohol and drug son
    My son is almost 30 years old has 3 beautiful children and a woman who has put up with him for almost 8 years. He has moved out of the house and is with a woman who is doing drugs, I believe he is now doing drugs also and he is an alcoholic, he drinks to excess every single day. I would like to help him get sober and clean, I don't know how to start, any help would be great.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 07:08 PM
    You have to start educating yourself... get to a 12 Step Program, probably AlAnon so you are able to strengthen yourself, learn how addicts manipulate others, then, how you should treat them.

Only an alcoholic can change himself. Others around him help him by having a backbone.

Best wishes in 2008,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depressed Angry Horrible Mom of adhd son with drug addict husband! [ 9 Answers ]

My life is past falling apart. Here's the background. My husband was abusive and an addict and gambler when I was pregnant. I left him and became a single mom living at my parents house. Things were OK here, I went back to college to get my degree and worked F/t. I worked really early to get...

How do I evict my son, girlfriend, and son from my home? [ 3 Answers ]

My wife and I currently have my son, girfriend and son living at our house. He is a recovering drug addict who still causes us trouble. He argues with us, me especially,and beats me up. Two weeks after open heart surgery, he threw me into a wall by pushing me in the chest. Just recently while I was...

Drug and alcohol recovery [ 2 Answers ]

My spouse is in a recovery program and he is doing well. This isn't his first attempt at this, however he is very determined. I'm afraid that when he gets home there might be a lot of stress and something I do or say may trigger him. I'm in recovery right now and it is so much easier for me than...

How can adopt my wife's son (my step son) [ 3 Answers ]

My wife's ex husband doesn't really take care of his son. He doesn't call or anything. The only thing that we get is approximately $45 every 2-3 weeks but that amount varies. I on the other hand have been providing everything for my wife's son even before we got married since her son was about 3...

Alcohol: 70% or 99%? [ 1 Answers ]

For cleaning keyboards, door knobs/handles, table tops, etc. Which is better, the 70% or the 99%?

View more questions Search