K I know I just posted
    But I've got this other friend,
    And he's into drugs and stuff,
    Before he just did a load of weed,
    Snd I know that he tried coke before and meth or e I think,
    And he said that those were just one time things,
    And now he's doing acid,
    And I'm really worried,
    He barely eats, he does acid, and probably other drugs that I don't know about, because he never answers the phone, and I never know where he is, and he drinks, and I feel like such a mom right now, but I'm really worried, and I have no idea what I should do :(
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2008, 06:46 PM
    If your friend is doing acid - he's playing Russian Roulette with his brain literally. Some times you can have a good trip if the acid is high quality (this is rare, by the way anymore). BUT if your friend gets ahold of some bad acid that is cut with say strychnine, your friend will have worse than a bad trip. He can suffer very bad poisoning from this mixture. Strychnine is a "kicker" that is added to acid on a regular basis by some of the mom and pop makers. Your friend just might end up in the ER with a really bad case of psychosis or poisoning.

Each time your friend takes drugs he is that much closer to either death or the total abandoment of his mind and mental capacities. Have him seek help to get off all drugs if you value your friend.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Feb 11, 2008, 07:24 PM
    People experimenting with drugs will not listen to anything you say about stopping. They won't. Accept that.

Drugs reduce inhibitions and lead to more drugs. It's a slope many can't escape from once on it. So their family and friends are often their only hope.

You have to NOT protect him from his behaviors. Find out where he's getting it, where he keeps it, where he's going to be next doing it and try to get some adults with authority over him to catch him in those things.

Period. Anything else is pointless. You can help him. Will you? How good a friend are you? Are you willing to risk losing his friendship to ultimately save his life.

I hope so. That means you're one of the good ones.
    13sldr Posts: 237, Reputation: 17

Feb 11, 2008, 07:56 PM
    I'm not a drug expert or anything and if I remember right, acid is the same thing as PCP and PCP is the same as angle dust. And if I was told right, angle dust is very lethal

And even if I am completely wrong, you need to get him help or at least try and talk to him, I have had contless amount of friends that have messed their lifes up becauase of drugs

My step dad did meth, when to prisons twice because of it

Another one of my friends is on bail right now, has court in 2days and is probably going to be locked up again, and guess for what, drugs

So as a friend, you really need to talk to him about that
    thereisno4evr Posts: 63, Reputation: 0

Feb 11, 2008, 10:27 PM
    Many people (including myself) experiment with all different kinds of drugs. At this stage nothing that you can say/do to him is going to have any effect, if anything he will get angry with you and you will loose a friend.

In my opinion you have 2 things that you can do at this point,

1. Talk to him in a highly non-confrontational way and find out how much he has done and off what bust most importantly how often. If you find that he is often using a particular substance(s) then this is the point where parents/authorities may need to intervene, especially if he has become addicted to the drugs physically or mentally.

2. There may very well be a reason why he is abusing these substances. Talk to him non-confrontational way, and find out if there is any problems in his life that is leading to this behavior.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 10:32 PM
    Short answer:

You can't help him unless he wants help. You can report to authorities/parents/teachers, but you risk losing a friend, but also risk saving someone's life.

It's a tough spot to be in. best wishes.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 10:57 PM
    Skittles911 - I agree with "Isneezefunny" if you have been trying to help him and not getting any where then it is time to get him help the other way, through your teacher, princeable , a school nurse would be really good to talk , she can not repeat the name of who talked to her about this , but he does need help, < HE is already on the hard stuff even if he says it was only 1 time , he has since , he is not truefull with you , it won't be long and one day he will over dose and he will be pushing up npossys instead of growing them . So don't wait, and don't get caught out with him ,and he has got some kind of dope on him and also using it, just being with him and he get caught by the law and you will be arrested also and it will be hard to prove you are innocenent. ;;;' GOOD LUCK & GOD BLESS ::: F.B.E.
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

Feb 12, 2008, 10:58 PM
    Acid is a cheap drug. The reason it is so cheap is because it is one of the worst drugs you could do. From what I have seen with a few of my high school buddies, it is the one drug I've seen that truly makes a person less intelligent. I had a friend named Carmen. He was a smart guy, now he just says "dude". I asked him if he still does drugs and he said "I can't because my brain is fried, dude". And I'll tell you His brain is really fried. Acid is way bad!!
    raggablue Posts: 347, Reputation: 22

Feb 13, 2008, 11:55 AM
    Giving false or bias information can be very dangerous.
    good trip if the acid is high quality
    The chances of having eaither a good trip or a bad trip are not decided by the "quality" of the LSD, it is up to the mind set and setting in which you are taking the drug.
    Strychnine is a "kicker" that is added to acid on a regular basis
    Strychnine was added to acid once or twice in the sixties to see if it would intensify the trip, it didn't cause its horrible. If a dealer is selling acid, what could he possibly gain from getting a reputation for selling s**t s**t?
    end up in the ER with a really bad case of psychosis or poisoning.
    I would like to know what study told you that "a bad case of sychosis" can be developed overnight after one bad acid trip.
    People experimenting with drugs will not listen to anything you say about stopping
    Not if your educating them.
    Drugs reduce inhibitions and lead to more drugs
    The 'gateway' theory has little substance to back it up, as it relys on unrecorded evidence.
    acid is the same thing as PCP
    Acid is lysergic acid diethylamide, a drug which causes powerful halucinations. And PCP is phencyclidine a stimulent with mild halucinations as a side dish.
    one day he will over dose and he will be pushing up npossys
    You can not die directly from and overdose of LSD.
    it is the one drug that truly makes a person less intelligent
    Khat, nitros and barbituates kill more brain cells per hit than cocain marijuana and acid put together.
    Sorry to piss on everyone's fires but wrong info on subjects like this one can cause a lot of problems.
    Its not great but the best the government will offer. Trywww.talktofrank.co.uk
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

Feb 13, 2008, 02:18 PM
    Quote:
    It is the one drug that truly makes a person less intelligent
    raggablue
    Khat, nitros and barbituates kill more brain cells per hit than cocain marijuana and acid put together
    --------------------------------------------------------------

In Canada, K, nitrous and Barbiturates are not as common for street use as they would be in the UK and are very expensive drugs if you do get a date with them its usually short lived (due to cost). I'm not sure about America, but there are a lot of drugs and drinks out there that are worse than the last one. Acid is very common, inexpensive and easy to get. I have seen the effects against the human brain and saw a wasted life. I've had friends who were addicted to Ex & Meth and Special K and the long term effects were minor compared to what acid has done, overall acid is terribly bad. I know for a fact that in Canada at least, the myth of still adding strychnine to acid is very much a reality. Because of the price of Acid, and how easy it is to be taken consecutively in abundance, I believe it to be the most harmful drug on the streets. When my friends and I were experimenting with drugs, acid was a rarity. The mental hangovers we would suffer were unlike any other. And common sense told us to stop. Anyway, I would hope this person talks to their friend and helps them some how. No matter what happens their friend will remember who cared, and where to turn for the right support.

Skittles911
    K I know I just posted
    But I've got this other friend,
    And he's into drugs and stuff,
    Before he just did a load of weed,
    Snd I know that he tried coke before and meth or e I think,
    And he said that those were just one time things,
    And now he's doing acid,
    and im really worried,
    he barely eats, he does acid
    , and probably other drugs that I don't know about, because he never answers the phone, and I never know where he is, and he drinks, and I feel like such a mom right now, but I'm really worried, and I have no idea what I should do

Feb 13, 2008, 02:36 PM
    That's why I said to talktofrank.
    For your information Ex, I assume you mean ecstacy, is not chemically adictive.
    By the ways you described acid I think your boy was laughing at you.
    What would be the point of lacing it. Say you were a baker, and you sold someone a choclate cake, but it had human excrement in it, how many of your customers do you think will come back for more?

Feb 13, 2008, 03:18 PM
    Eh? If you got some asprin from the shop and they made your headache worse, would you go back and get some more of the same knowing it wiil increse the pain?
    Sorry for the metaphores, but you don't understand plain american.
    Skittles911 Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Feb 15, 2008, 01:10 PM
    Thanks for all your help everybody,
    I talked to my friend and he said that
    He's not doing it anymore
    He said it wasn't worth it
    He's just going to do weed
    Which is fine with me
    So yea

Feb 15, 2008, 02:02 PM
    Cool that's good news. Ganja's much less volatile than acid

Feb 16, 2008, 12:20 PM
    Setting fire to anything and toking it is bad for you, but between lsd and cannabis, cannabis is a safer option although the tobacco smoked with it is the most dangerous of the lot
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2008, 01:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by raggablue
    eh?? if you got some asprin from the shop and they made your headache worse, would you go back and get some more of the same knowing it wiil increse the pain?
    sorry for the metaphores, but you dont understand plain american.
    IN plain american I HAVE known people who WILL DO anything.
    They smoke weed then the high isn't enough so they do stamp bags and then it isn't enough high for them so then they add some crack with it, then that high isn't enough so they add a vicodin or percoset and then that high isn't enough and then they add chewing fentanal patches with all the other stuff and then before you know it they can't make it through a day without all that and more. Oh and I forgot to mention their case of beer too.

Weed is a gateway drug for many just because it isn't a gateway drug for everybody doesn't make it not one.
    It depends on the persons brain chemistry and susceptibility to addictive behavior. Just like not all drinkers are alcoholics.

Feb 16, 2008, 01:57 PM
    Alcohol and tobbacco are "gateway drugs".
    And anyone stupid enough to think that smoking crack will make their weed high better has education problems. That would be your governments fault not marijuanas
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2008, 02:04 PM
    I have known many people who smoke weed or do other drugs and never drank or smoked cigarettes.

And they don't do the crack to make their weed high better they do it because they fiend for it all... where all they are concerned about is more, more, more of whatever they can get their hands on.

Feb 16, 2008, 02:08 PM
    N0help4u disagrees: LSD may not directly kill but I have never known a drug addict that did ONLY a drug of choice or didn't have other factors going on.
    Substance addiction is usually a way of escaping other problems, so yes drug addicts have other factors going on, but only a tiny tiny percentage of drug users develop an addiction.
    Please can people post thing in future cause it looks like I'm arguing with myself at first glance
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2008, 02:15 PM
    But only a tiny tiny percentage of drug users develop an addiction. To what?

I don't think you know many drug users. I see them by the hundreds. They get so bad off they have to be rushed to the ER where they are then sent to rehab and they come out all healthy and glowing only to start right back with their addiction and then within months they are looking like a skeleton and totally wiped out. There is no way anybody can claim they are not addicted as well as a slave to their addiction.
    I also know many addicts whose minds are gone. They have to ask the same questions over and over and still don't have a clue.

I am more likely to believe your statement if you reversed it to
    Only a tiny tiny percentage of drug users D0 N0T develop an addiction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Acid did not go down [ 5 Answers ]

I was told by the guy at the hardware store that if plunging and using a snake don't work, try sulfuric acid. I bought a bottle and followed the instructions, but it didn't seem to work. The instructions say to flush five times when the drain is open, but I don't think it is and I'm afraid of...

Friends who turned out to be false friends [ 11 Answers ]

Does any one have experience of people they thought to be friends but they turned out to be false friends ?

Muriatic acid [ 10 Answers ]

What does one do with 3 quarts unused from a gallon container (bought at Sears)? How long can the 3 quarts be stored safely in the plastic container?

View more questions Search