Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drvein99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 11:11 AM
    Television malfunction
    My old CRT type TV picture scrunches up the bottom 1/3 for the first few minutes until the set warms up, then it reexpands to full size. Is it time for a new TV?
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 11:33 AM
    It sounds like a problem in the vertical deflection circuitry.

Your TV is probably on borrowed time. My guess is that it take progressively longer for it to un-scrunch, and eventually it may never do it. It can probably be fixed, but probably not cost-effectively.

Wally H.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Refrigerator malfunction [ 1 Answers ]

Water is leaking from the unit

My PC malfunction [ 2 Answers ]

Why is it that when I use my PC my computer says vga no signal?? Wats does vga mean?? :confused:

Generator Malfunction [ 3 Answers ]

I recently inherited a Honda EX1000 portable generator. I got it running quite well after cleaning out the carb. However I just discovered that it's outputting way more voltage then it should be (good thing I only burned out a light bulb). The measured voltage across the main outlet is approx....

Furnace malfunction [ 2 Answers ]

Why would my furnace kick off and say limited cycle on the code ?on a coleman evcon

Southwind V Malfunction [ 6 Answers ]

I bought a Southwind V approximately 2.5 years ago and about one month ago the whole fan/light system stopped working. It does not work with the wall switch or remote control. I checked the electrical panel and the wiring to the fan and everything seems okay there. What else can I do? Yvonne...

View more questions Search