Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    needlovin4444 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2008, 02:33 PM
    Transposing music
    Would like to learn how to transpose guitar chords from hard to play chords to easy to play ones because of arthritis in my left hand. Thanks
    hauser5 Posts: 699, Reputation: 92

Feb 10, 2008, 03:56 PM
    A capo can help with this, have you ever used one?
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2008, 07:30 PM
    Tune your guitar to an open E chord then use your index or middle finger to barr all the frets. Move up the neck by starting with open strum which is E, Barr the first fret which is F, second fret is F sharp or G flat, Third fret is G and so on. You know that C and F are half steps, right?
    A capo will only change the pitch.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2008, 12:23 AM
    Of course there are different positions for any chord that you can use that might make it easier on you. Having a chord chart with the various positions could also help in that regard. You also don't have to play all of the notes in a chord to have it qualify as being a legitimate chord. For the simplest chords, using only the root and third of the chord is usually sufficient to having the music sound good. You also don't have to use all of the strings on say, a six-stringed guitar in order to play the chords.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transposing formulas [ 6 Answers ]

1. If watts = joules/seconds find joules 2. if kWh=kwxhours, find kw 3. If R = p*/a find * 4. if e = 1/2 mV2 find v 5. If p= mgh/t , find g

Need some music [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to get some new music for my iPod and wanted to know what everyone is listening too these days so let me know what you favorite songs are thanks.

Transposing a Formula [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, After many pages of working, I've managed to work my way to an equation that looks like this: x=10ln(y/(5-15y))-26 I now need to rearrange this equation to y=... No matter how many times I try I just can't seem to get it. I'm farily sure that the above equation is correct but the...

View more questions Search