Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hello4397 Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2008, 04:46 PM
    11th birthday
    Hi I'm having my 11th b'day party in 1 month. I was hoping for a good theme for my party, I have a big dark basment with a t.v. and music, and all that. There will be boys+girls there, got any ideas?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2008, 04:53 PM
    What are some things you like?
    How much can you spend on theme decorations?

If it is an old dark type basement maybe you could have a glow in the dark theme.
    Use glow in the dark poster paint and anything you can find that is glow in the dark.

Maybe some psychedelic posters and a 60's theme. You'll need some black light bulbs too.

BTW HAPPY BIRTHDAY
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2008, 05:19 PM
    N0help4u that's a really cool idea. You can get uv body paint too and glow in the dark bands. If you don't have much money to spend get your parents to go to pound shops (or the equivalent where you are). I'm a student and have zero free cash so learnt that crépe paper can make some really good and cheap decorations.

And definitely get plastic cups and plates because then the clear up is so much easier and you don't have to worry about breakages.

Have you thought about karioke? It's good to have something to do to break the ice at a party.

Get about five close friends to come round and get ready with you an hour or two early. That way when the other guests arrive there is already have a good atmosphere and you don't get that awkward standing around phase.

Choose the music beforehand because it is annoying if it stops whilst two people argue about what should be playing. Go for a mix of what everyone can enjoy and put in some cheesy stuff people an dance to like nelly the elephant or the time warp. I bet there are some more modern things that you'll know but we always had the macarena!

Disco lights are fun too!

Just go mad but don't stress on the day! Well not so much themes as party tips but there you go.

Hope you have a good 'un.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2008, 05:24 PM
    Yeah I have been trying to think of something music wise and it is important to have it ready before hand otherwise you can end up with a guest that wants to monopolize the party with THEIR type of music.

Personally I think the oldies go go and psychedelic music would be cool.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

11th Time Is The Charm [ 2 Answers ]

A lawyer married a woman who had previously divorced ten husbands. On their wedding night, she told her new husband, “Please be gentle, I’m still a virgin.” “What?” said the puzzled groom. “How can that be if you’ve been married ten times?” Well… “Husband #1 was a sales representative: he...

I only have until may 11th! [ 2 Answers ]

I'm going to Florida and my mom will not let me wear a 2 piece unless my body is "physically fit" I only have a bikini and I need a bathing suit to go to Florida... we don't have enough money to buy a nice bathing suit, and I really hate one pieces... they are just too uncomfortable and...

Ex's b-day [ 4 Answers ]

Today is ma ex boyfriend's birthday but I want to wish him a happy birthday. The thing is I'm not sure if I should, since we aren't really talking anymore and secondly I don't want to look like an idiot by wishing him happy birthday. I think he will still think that I'm not truly over him. Do u...

JV girls in 11th grade? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I have another question. Is true that if you are in the 11 grade that you can still tryout j.v. girls basketball because I just wannna know. I don't know if I'm ready to go on to varsity. See varsity they have 3 freshmen and two seniors and 2 sohmores ( including one of are players) and the...

View more questions Search