Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    novaman Posts: 21, Reputation: 4

Feb 9, 2008, 11:37 AM
    1995 Civic EX 1.6 no start
    Well this is getting expensive so need some other opinions.

No start on my 1995 Honda Civic.

Did check a few things recently and replaced a few also.
    All fuses check OK.
    Has no spark... Timing belt is in time and the valve all move as well as the rotor.

Had seen in prior posts ignitor and coil problems.
    So changed everything with a new distributor. Comes complete even cap with a new rotor.

Still no spark.

Battery is great and fairly new.

Any thoughts, ideas, tries, etc?

On a 1993 they talk about a ECM reset? Do I have one?
    Key tests with the 2 second delay seems good.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2008, 03:27 PM
    Perform the tests, in Sections A and B, below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...das-46563.html

Feb 9, 2008, 04:20 PM
    Will do... Ran out of daylight but will tackle more tomorrow. I've quick read this and most of it I already done but with a clear head and a guide should be able to figure more out.

Thanks so far, Jim
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2008, 05:18 PM
    Be sure to answer the 3 basic diagnostic questions. Test all under-dash and under-hood fuses with a test light or multimeter. Disconnecting the negative battery cable for 10 seconds will reset the ECM, as will removing the 7.5 A Backup Fuse in the under-hood fuse box for 10 seconds.

Feb 10, 2008, 07:43 AM
    Spent about 3 hours reading all the posts dealing with no-start Honda's. Learned a lot just reading! Haven't tackled my problem yet but feel more confident now that I was doing the right things just haven't found "THE" thing.

Also, Found out in the aftermarket lines they made a bazzion different ones. Txgreasemonkeye has a point using genuine Honda parts. Distributor assembly's are marked somewhere. Took me sometime lightly scraping aluminum dust away but it was there.

Good info on a BOSCH 02 sensors. Trying to convince my boss that need a factory one because of a different connector was a real chore. I was working on a JEEP at the time and didn't feel like swapping 4 wires just to save a few bucks.
    Long term it lasted about a year.

Feb 11, 2008, 06:00 AM
    Just a note... Finally figured it out. The "K test" worked. I had a terrible corroded terminal on the MAP wire. This might be cause of hard starting way before this major melt down happened.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1995 Honda Civic Won't Start [ 9 Answers ]

Please help guys, let me first say that I don't really know much about cars, just a little. A few weeks ago my engine overheated because of a failed radiator. Me and my dad replaced the radiator, and discovered water was leaking into the engine, it occasionally ran a little rough on start, but...

1995 Honda Civic won't start? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, my '95 Honda Civic first wouldn't start about 2 weeks ago; it had sat for 2 days in sub freezing WNY weather (less than half a tank of gas), and wouldn't start. Battery is new and was turning, so I thought it was perhaps frozen fuel lines. I added some gas and some Gas X product, and after a...

1995 civic no start [ 1 Answers ]

Got a 1995 civic won't start. Borrowed a distrubutor from another civic started the car and drove home. Cutt the engine off and try to start the car again it won't start again. I put the distrubutor that I borrow back in the original car, and it started. So I know that the distrubutor still good....

1995 honda civic 1.5 no start [ 1 Answers ]

1.5 liter engine will turn over but will not start on it's own. If you spray carb cleaner in it it will start and run great after that. You then can shut it off and it restarts fine as long as you don't wait longer then 30 min. We swapped out distributors, fuel pressure regulator, fuel relay,...

1995 civic ex won't start [ 3 Answers ]

Please help. My VTEC 1995 civic cranks, but won't start. I just had the fuel pump, filter and spark plugs changed. I consulted a mechanic and he told me to remove the sparks and put a table spoon of motor oil inside (where the plugs used to be)! Then he said I should put back the spark plugs and...

View more questions Search