Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    azkad Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2008, 11:02 AM
    Slow functioning
    Hi there,
    I am a newbee here, I guess this forum is something I have been looking for to get improved, so my question: my PC is operating too slowly, how can I make it work fast, thanks in advance.
    msk Posts: 59, Reputation: 3

Feb 8, 2008, 12:26 PM
    You have not given your computer configuration. A general thing to do it to clean the disc. Click start->programs->accessories->system tools->s\disc clean up.Similarly you can try defragmenting the disc. This will improve the speed. May be you are having less ram.
    fusepc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2008, 12:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by azkad
    Hi there,
    I am a newbee here, I guess this forum is something I have been looking for to get improved, so my question: my PC is operating too slowly, how can I make it work fast, thanks in advance.

If it once worked fast in its lifetime, then a good area might be spyware. Another one is, a low amount of ram (XP I recommend no less then 1GB) Ram can be picked up for $30 for 1GB.
    I recommend going to add/remove programs and delete what your not using.

Another option is go to, Start--->Run---> type in msconfig. Go to Startup. And Uncheck everything. And then restart the computer. When your computer restarts, all those misc programs + processes won't be running, and you should see an extensive speed improvement
    azkad79 Posts: 18, Reputation: -3

Feb 15, 2008, 07:52 PM
    [QUOTE=fusepc]

Many thanks for your helpful answer FUSEPC.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/C Condenser fan not functioning. [ 15 Answers ]

My a/c is not working. The fan is blowing air but it is not cold air. It seems that the condenser fan is not kicking on when it is supposed to. We thought that it was the motor, because it would turn some, but slowly as if the bushings inside the motor were bad. Well, I got a new fan motor,...

Keyboard not functioning in my Laptop [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have HpPavilion dv1000 Laptop model. I am facing the problem, in which my when enter some letter from the keyboard it is not getting typed instead it is opening some other thing (for example, if I type "f" is displaying the function of Ctrl+f function). If I press Esc windows menu is...

Apple G3 non-functioning CDROM [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My cdrom drive doesn't read any discs, it just makes a lot of noise. Does anyone know how to open the Apple or can point me in the right direction to try and clean or fix it? I went to Apple's website, but nothing happened when I clicked on any of the links for the manuals. I thought...

Av not functioning [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I just tuned in my television it is a bush ak20 with a scart socket, using a universal remote. It changes the channels and volume but it won't change to av channel with the button that's on the remote and I can't play my playstation 2 with no av I'm going mad here people help!!

View more questions Search