Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sailorman Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2008, 07:02 PM
    Blotchy skin when nervous
    When I get nervous, mostly when in the spotlight, or at work trying to sell, my neck gets extremely blotchy and red.
    It is really effecting my confidence. I have heard of this with other people.
    Is there a way to treat this?
    I have a new sales position which will require some speaking in front of crowds or small groups.
    Any help, much appreciated.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2008, 07:23 PM
    You might want to try vitamin B-3 Niacinamide for this. It seems you have a circulatory problem and your blood gets trapped beneath the skin causing it to get red. B-3 helps with the circulation. Get the time release kind. Start with a low dose and work up to a medium dose per day. It will take about a week to see any improvement. You can get at any health food store or Wally World for el cheapo prices. I use B-3 for my circulation problems and I have tried everything under the sun and that is the only thing that works for me.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Feb 6, 2008, 07:28 PM
    Have you seen a dermatologist?
    I have the same problem except instead of just blotchy I get hives too. I find hypercortisone helps, but not with the blochyness.
    I think that there are a number of over the counter meds out there that can help you with this but I'd suggest seeing a dermatologist first, for all you know it could be rosatia or something. If not go to your local pharmacy and ask the pharmacists what they think may help.

Maybe you could try to boost your confidence by talking around family and close friends more and then slowly moving up to larger crowds. Try talking to yourself (I know dumb) it will help you be more confident in what your saying. Maybe record yourself and then watch it or listen to it to decide what you need to change in your communication skills this way your certain of yourself.

Don't be afraid to talk to others... your human-humans love to talk! (well most do, those who can't love to sign, what I mean is communication is what humans do best. Great now I'm rambling.)

Hope it all works out with the job and everything.

Feb 6, 2008, 07:37 PM
    Thanks... sometimes I get blotchy in the same area when consuming alcohol too. But the worst is when I'm nervous, whether I'm trying to get my point across to a client or showing a proposal which is on the cards.
    I will try the vitamin. Any other advise?
    Expert

Feb 6, 2008, 07:45 PM
    See your doctor if the stuff dosen't work, there could be an underlying problem with your kidney's or liver.
    Not sure cause I'm not a doctor (yet) but it could be something with your blood or your skin pigment. Try the cream and that first though if that dosen't work it could be something else.

Feb 6, 2008, 08:04 PM
    What cream are you talking about?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2008, 11:28 AM
    Since you mentioned this condition happens when you consume alcohol, then it is a circulatory problem. You do not have hives.
    Expert

Feb 7, 2008, 11:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailorman
    what cream are you talking about?
    The stuff Twinkiedooter (sorry If I spelled that wrong) suggested the B-3.
    Sorry I don't know if that's an actual cream or an oral medication.:)
    vtram7 Posts: 27, Reputation: 3

Feb 8, 2008, 12:19 AM
    You could still possibly have hives (they are red, blotchy and itchy) I have many patients who have this condition 1. when they are nervous or anxious 2. high blood pressure 3. allergic to something... Try taking benadryl before and see if it helps. It usually does.
    dgphil39 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Feb 8, 2008, 12:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailorman
    When I get nervous, mostly when in the spotlight, or at work trying to sell, my neck gets extremely blotchy and red.
    It is really effecting my confidence. I have heard of this with other people.
    Is there a way to treat this?
    I have a new sales position which will require some speaking in front of crowds or small groups.
    Any help, much appreciated.
    Have a small glass of red wine before speaking.
    nightrider172 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2010, 12:02 PM
    I also get this, I get blotchy red skin when drinking alcohol, if I'm nervous/embarrased and sometimes even when I'm just a bit too warm. The redness is usually hot to touch, and started on my shoulders neck and chest area. In time it seems to have got worse and is now working it's way up to my face. Now and again I have had it on my knees and feet and that's always very hot to touch. I tried putting it down to an alcohol allergy because as soon as I have a drop of alcohol it flares up and my bones/muscles feel quite achy and painful (although I do tend to drink through it) but after it happening more often and even when I haven't touched alcohol I'm getting worried.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2010, 01:00 PM

The description and distribution of the condition, reaction to alcohol, warmth are all characteristics of Tinea Versicolor. If so it is relatively common and easily treatable with OTC preparations. Here are a couple of websites (with photos) that will allow comparison.

https://health.google.com/health/ref/Tinea+versicolor

Tinea versicolor: Symptoms - MayoClinic.com

http://dermatlas.med.jhmi.edu/derm/r...m?Diagnosis=91

The appearance of the condition can be very different based on complexion, so some of the photos are misleading. Read the symptoms carefully to see if it fits.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bed bug blotchy scars [ 3 Answers ]

Have bitten by bed bugs all over and now I have these darker marks, how can I get rid off these they make look dirty, I have heard of monobenzone would it work, the marks on my neck, torso, arms, legs

Blotchy rash [ 1 Answers ]

My son has a blotchy red rash only on his arms and a little on his thighs. It's not bumpy but smooth. He also said it's itchy. I thought it might be an allergic reaction and I gave him some allergy medication, but it doesn't seem to be subsiding. What could it be and how can I get rid of it.

Blotchy skin [ 3 Answers ]

Okaii I really need somones help on my face I have blotchy skin and its red and dry and flaky its very very unattractive... im embarrassed when I have it t'll come back and go away its I'm so sick of it! I don't like going out in public when its really noticeable.. I just really need somebodies...

Blotchy skin [ 3 Answers ]

When I get nervous, embarressed, upset, angry, or some other type of emotion or just if my skin gets really hot... my skin gets this red blotchy rash type of thing. Why does does this happen... I don't know anyone else that has this problem.. is there anyway of stopping this??

Blotchy skin [ 1 Answers ]

I have dry sensitive skin and have found that after too many Christmas and New Years parties my skin is particularly dry and blotchy. I have some red blotches on my cheeks - too much alcohol and hot showers. What should I do to fix this - drink more water and milk - any suggestions?

View more questions Search