Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cindybobbykatrina Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2008, 06:23 PM
    Geometric mean rate of increase
    Is this correct: find the geometric mean rate of increase. The question is a recent article suggested that if you earn $25,000 a year today and the inflation rate continues at 3 percent per year, you'll need to make $33,598 in 10 years to have the same buying power.

(33598/25000)^1/10 = 1.03 is this all I need to do.
    PolluxCastor Posts: 117, Reputation: 5

Feb 6, 2008, 06:52 PM
    It would probably be better written as:

33598 = 25000 * 1.03^10

But the 2 are the same equation rearranged a little (and correct by the way).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rate increase letter [ 2 Answers ]

Hello my name is Joanne and I was looking over your information on how to write a letter of rate increase. I this is not asking too much I needed assistance in writing a letter for my husbands house cleaning service. They have not raised there rates in 5 years. This is what I wrote so far. I...

Geometric Mean Rate [ 2 Answers ]

A recent article suggested that if you earn $25,000 a year today and the inflation rate continues at 3% per year, you will need to make $33,598 in 10 years to have the same buying power. You will need to make $44,771 in the inflation rate jumped to 6%. Confirm the statements are accurate by...

Will increase in pump intake pipe size, increase flow rate? [ 1 Answers ]

At my cabin I use a 12 volt Flojet pump to pump water from the lake to the cabin. I am using 1/2 inch plastic pipe for the intake and outlet on the pump. Would I see an increase in water flow if I increase the size of the pipe going from the lake to the pump to 3/4 plastic

Salary Increase Rate in Vietnam and Cambodia [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, Does anyone know where I can find free data regarding salary increase percentage in Vietnam and Cambodia? Thanks! :) Regards, Winn

View more questions Search