Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sophia1110 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2008, 08:20 PM
    Cat Chewing
    Hi, my five month old kitten keeps chewing up everything! She chewed I don't know how many wires in my house! I don't know what to do to make her stop. Please let me know if anyone has an idea. I would love to hear it! Thank you!
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2008, 08:28 PM
    One thing may be bitter apple. Go to the pet store or walmart etc and buy the spray... I don't think that will solve the problem 100 percent the spray only last a week or so. There is also a spray that the cats dislike the smell and won't go near the objects... I'm sorry but I can't think of the name of it... my niece used to spray it under where her bird cage hung to keep the cat from tryng to jump on the cage... It worked but had to be reapplied evrey week or so.

You are going have to put her in a room where there are the fewest cords, when you are unable to watch her. This should pass after kitty stage. The other way to maybe solve this problem is to get her a playmate.I think kittens are happier when they have a mate also they are less trouble. We humans can not possibly keep up with their energy.

Myabe someone else will come along with some more ideas, good luck

Feb 4, 2008, 08:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophia1110
    Hi, my five month old kitten keeps chewing up everything! She chewed I don't know how many wires in my house! I don't know what to do to make her stop. Please let me know if anyone has an idea. I would love to hear it! Thank you!
    Thank you so much for relpying. I will go and get that spray tomorrow.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2008, 08:41 PM
    You want to spray it light... don't get your cords wet around the prongs where they fit into the electrical sockets.

Feb 5, 2008, 07:20 AM
    Oh yea.. thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Another cat added to house with a cat. Resident cat not happy. [ 8 Answers ]

Please would you kindly advise us on how we can help our cats get along together? My sister and I are proud owners of two adorable cats: my sister’s cat is a feisty female, 4 year old rescue cat long haired tortoise-shell, named Duchess. My cat is an 11 year old British Shorthair lilac male...

Tail chewing [ 2 Answers ]

My 6 month old beagle mix chewed half of his tail off tonight! I don't think he broke the skin, just almost all the hair that he could reach. It looks like someone took a razor to it. Help, please; any ideas as to why he's doing this and what I need to do in order to stop it? Some background...

Chewing gum... [ 2 Answers ]

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this thread, if it isn't can one of the mods move it. I had a question about chewing gum. What do you think about it? I heard many benefits of chewing gum. Although I also heard of some negative aspects of gum chewing, they weren't as many... :)

Chewing on Boxes [ 2 Answers ]

I have been the happy Mom to a 10 year old neutered male with a gimpy paw (surgical revision). He has been with me since he was a feral foundling, approx 8 weeks old. He chews cardboard. He doesn't swallow, just chews. Boxes don't stand a chance. Anybody had experience? The vet says he is...

Chewing progress [ 3 Answers ]

Hi again. Dunc is getting a lot better with the chewing. We have used the distraction technique & leave his leash on so when we catch him we can pull him away & "NO" then give him another toy. He loves lemon juice & were told if he likes that the bitter apple will have the same effect. Not...

View more questions Search