Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    margog85 Posts: 241, Reputation: 19

Feb 4, 2008, 04:23 PM
    Need some guidance
    I want to write up a basic philosophy about how I want to live my life. I want it touch on pretty much every aspect necessary. I feel that by doing so, I will be putting a lot of thought into things that I've basically just done out of habit and conditioning for years. I don't intend to necessarily carry it with me everwhere or refer to it when I don't know what to do. I just feel that the writing of it will be helpful in itself.

I've tried to think of ways to break it down- what to address (i.e. how I view myself on an individual level, how I see myself in society, how I want to/should interact with others, etc.) but it seems like there is so much. So I thought maybe I could ask for just some general ideas... maybe sketchy outlines of how some of you would approach such a task- then I can take bits and pieces, and surely get some ideas that I haven't thought of yet!

Thanks to anyone who has the time to help me out with this!:D
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2008, 04:29 PM
    Write a basic outline
    Long term goal(s)
    How to get there
    Where do you see yourself in 5, 10 15 years from now

Personality/attitude

Your weaknesses- how to overcome them
    Your strengths

Positives & negatives of dealing with others
    How you want to deal with others differently

Things you want out of life
    Hobbies/interests
    Where you want to live
    Travel

And you can reflect on things you think have made you who you are and where you are today and how to apply them to future goals
    wewed100606 Posts: 228, Reputation: 36

Feb 4, 2008, 04:42 PM
    This is just my opinion and whether it serves your purpose you will have to let me know.

I would take a year or two to write it. I would just keep a notebook with me and as I encountered things in life, give them a scribble.

I would maybe start with a very general philosophy on life and then over the course of time relate individual occurrences and forseable obstacles and happenings to this general "life philosophy".

I think if you sit down and try to write such a thing you will give yourself a BIG HEADACHE!

Look how long some of the great philosophers took to write things. Philosophy isn't something that just is... it is developed over time.

Hope this helps?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need some guidance [ 14 Answers ]

I've been divorced since 1994, both of us have remarried, I however have a 4 year old child. I have physical custody of my 14 year old. Both my ex and I get along great always have -- I've been liberal with visitation and rarely asked for additional support financially. I've lost my job and have...

Guidance [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there Im having a troubled time and would appreciate some guidance on the career and romance fronts. My dob is 5 jun 74 and my initials are K P Thanks for your time.

View more questions Search