Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    agomez Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Feb 4, 2008, 10:58 AM
    What happens if you get the Depo shot before your period
    FONT="Palatino Linotype"]I have been reading that your suppose to get a pregnancy test before your get the depo shot and also your suppose to get it when your on your period or after .I haven't had my period for a month now . Also to make it worse ,:eek: my husband and I had unprotected sex the day after I got the shot could I be Pregnant ?
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2008, 03:46 PM
    Where did you get the shot, that they didn't do a pregnancy test, or tell you to refrain from unprotected sex for at least the first week after getting the shot? It is common to not have a period while on the shot and/or have your cycle thrown off for a few months. Its possible you could be pregnant, you run the risk of pregnancy every time you have sex, protected or not. I suggest you go get a qualatative blood test done to check for pregnancy. You should also consult your doctor, and get more informed on the shot, its risks/benefits etc. it doesn't sound like you were told much about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When will I get my period after going off the Depo Vera Shot ? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Amy. My next due date for my shot is Jan. 17th. But I am not getting it anymore due to my body feeling uncomfortable, I was gaining weight, always felt bloated and I read somewhere that if you have depression you shouldn't be on it, which I do and take Zoloft for it. I was only on...

Long period after getting the depo shot [ 2 Answers ]

I got the depo shot thre weeks ago and I've been on my period every since is that normal and will I ever off?

How Long Will It Take For My Period To Come Along Now That I'm Off The Depo Shot? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi My Name is Ashley, I am 18years old. I was on the shot for almost 1 year and I had a doctors appointment for my next injection and I never went to the doctor to get it because I was sick and in a lot of pain when I was on so I decided to not go back for it. And I have talked to my friend who...

No period immediately after depo shot [ 1 Answers ]

After receiving my first depo provera shot I got an immediate loss of periods. My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex a week or so after. Can I be pregnant or is it normal?

First dose of the depo shot & missed period [ 3 Answers ]

Hello there... I gave birth to a baby girl on November 2nd 2006. On November 4th 2006 I received my first dose of the depo shot. After the normal bleeding in pregnancy ended after 2 weeks, a week later I had extreamly light bleeding in the beginning of December that lasted about 4 days. I ...

View more questions Search