Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    apa1111 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Feb 3, 2008, 11:11 AM
    Missing mediation
    I wanted to know, what are the consequences in missing a mediation orientation for custody if it is court ordered? What are the steps to take if it is missed?
    Also, if parenting classes, and answer to responses was not handed over to the opposing attorney, will that affect child custody? I know a motion to compel can be filed, but does that affect custody?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2008, 11:15 AM
    Hello a:

The judge issues orders. Of course, he's not going to like it when they are violated.

Everything that one does in the process affects how the judge is going to rule. Certainly he'd think that if the mediation wasn't important enough to attend, maybe taking the child to the doctor might not be important enough either.

excon

Feb 3, 2008, 12:53 PM
    Has anyone experienced this situation or know about it?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2008, 01:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by apa1111
    Has anyone experienced this situation or know about it?

Haven't experienced it but know about it - if the mediation is Court ordered and you don't go you are (obviously) in violation of the Court order. Same with any type of family counselling or instructions. The Court then wonders if you'll follow visitation orders or simply take the child and keep on going and take your chances.

I've seen the Court give second chances; I've seen the Court rule for the other party, taking the position that the person who didn't comply didn't care enough to follow the Court's directives.

This kind of disregard for Court orders looks really good for the other party!

Feb 3, 2008, 01:52 PM
    I believe you excon and I am glad you posted an answer. I just wanted an answer from someone who has experieced it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mediation experience [ 6 Answers ]

Anything anyone can tell me about mediation would be a huge help. Specifically, child custody.

What happens at a mediation [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what exactly happens in mediation. My husband has as according to his parenting agreement sent his ex a letter of complaint. I know she will refuse to go to this mediation, for one reason on another. What could happen in court if the judge finds out she refused...

Mediation how to [ 2 Answers ]

I could use any info about mediation that anyone might know.

Mediation [ 2 Answers ]

My friend took a dna test and the child is his. She's 2 1/2 months old now and he is seeking 50/50 joint custody, what is his chance of getting it? I think the judge will not give him joint custody because the child is so small and has been living with the mother since birth. And also will the...

Mediation or Insurance? [ 10 Answers ]

I accidentally bumped into the car in front of me and caused a small crack on the back bumper of the car in front. However, because of the crack, the driver says he needs to replace his whole bumper which would probably cost over $600. He said he will not call my insurance if I agree to give...

View more questions Search